Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemifast0751

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys,

I'm sure someone here does it knows someone who does custom tuning. Looking for some help. Need to know what info they'd need from me and what tuner I would need to transfer the tunes to the computer. Thanks in advance

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recommend a Diablo I2 for the programmer. The Diablo Trinity is "neat" but most of those extra real time gauges/features are not accurate. The I2 is less money & easy to use. I highly recommend Jay Greene as a custom tuner. He is extremely helpful, will answer any question tuning or something else almost instantly on facebook & his tunes definitely bring the best out in your truck. As far as the info needed is the year of your truck, the mods & a datalog after the original tune. If you have a 2015+ you will need to buy an unlocked pcm from Diablo

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
info

I recommend a Diablo I2 for the programmer. The Diablo Trinity is "neat" but most of those extra real time gauges/features are not accurate. The I2 is less money & easy to use. I highly recommend Jay Greene as a custom tuner. He is extremely helpful, will answer any question tuning or something else almost instantly on facebook & his tunes definitely bring the best out in your truck. As far as the info needed is the year of your truck, the mods & a datalog after the original tune. If you have a 2015+ you will need to buy an unlocked pcm from Diablo

Or a stock ecu from a same yr truck and have that unlocked and set up for your truck..
If its not a 15 + just buy tuner of choice..

OP
OP
H

Hemifast0751

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do you have a way to contact him? I looked him up on Facebook but there are many with that name

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can get an I2 programmer (which I have) and custom tunes by Hemifever (which I also have) as part of a package deal through Moe's Performance, a supporting vendor here at RamForum. Just contact Matt there at the store or through their website for more details.

The tuner will have you load the tune of your choice (I used the 91 octane tune) then have you log with the tuner as you drive the truck through 3 or 4 different conditions, i.e., low speed driving around town, freeway cruise, WOT, etc...then you download the log files and last tune written file on to your computer, then email them to the tuner. He'll tweak on the tune file then email back a custom tune that you load up to the programmer using your computer.

You may do 2 or 3 iterations of this tune/log/email/tweak/email/tune process.

Hemifever did my custom tune 3 times and the truck's performance really changed and improved. I am very happy with the results.

Good luck!

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also have a hemifever tune and it really woke my truck up. He's done several revisions for mods I've done and my truck runs great. You'd never guess it's 11 years old with 100k miles.