Tuner issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I plug my intune in and go to write a tune and a message pops up saying pcm calibration for my vin might need an update. What does that mean? I plugged my tuner into my computer and it says its up to date and still doesn't work. I'm clueless.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found this on another forum... guy said he kept getting the same issue and that his tuner was already up to date as well...

"Got it to work.

Was fooling around with it and so the option to clear all updates. So lets click Clear all updates and see what happens.

Did that. Plugged it into the computer. Said intune was up to date.. oook

So hooked it to the truck and it said PCM needs a Calibration again...DAMMIT

Ok, what the hell. Let me hook it to my computer again. Says there's a calibration update. Umm. Loads it and this time it doesn't say anything about tune being all ready loaded....

Got me thinking. Well let me hook it up to the truck again. Why not? Well it works and was able to load a tune...
yay"

Another guy was saying that when you hit the green check and it tells you to plug it in, then when you plug it in it would auto-download the updates...

Hopefully you figure it out!

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I made so many trips from my truck to my computer yesterday and this morning hooking it into each thing and it still doesn't work. Tried hitting the green check mark and plugging it into the computer a number of times. No luck.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure what I did but I finally got it to go and now my adjustable parameters are a option again. I guess being persistent paid off.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes computers are just stupid... Or maybe stubborn? If that's the case, then that means they're starting to come alive, which means we're all screwed. But at least your truck got tuned!

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sometimes computers are just stupid... Or maybe stubborn? If that's the case, then that means they're starting to come alive, which means we're all screwed. But at least your truck got tuned!

Lol yea I really hate technology.. as I'm here typing this on a website from my phone...

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did the exact same thing, went back forth with diablo and calibrate etc etc, I use my laptop so i never had to go back and forth.... ended up deleting DSdownloader, reloaded the software l, it then calibrated correctly, and the truck would read it...
But by that time my voltage was too low and U said Fk it and gave up.....
Ended up pissed at the GF yesterday abput the blazer, sold it and tore all the parts of my truck and put it back to stock to trade in on a 2015 sport...... but prob not going to and keep the and k5 and the GF can just deal with it. (Long story I'll spare ya'll from the details)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine did the exact same thing, went back forth with diablo and calibrate etc etc, I use my laptop so i never had to go back and forth.... ended up deleting DSdownloader, reloaded the software l, it then calibrated correctly, and the truck would read it...
But by that time my voltage was too low and U said Fk it and gave up.....
Ended up pissed at the GF yesterday abput the blazer, sold it and tore all the parts of my truck and put it back to stock to trade in on a 2015 sport...... but prob not going to and keep the and k5 and the GF can just deal with it. (Long story I'll spare ya'll from the details)

Dang I'll keep that in mind if it does it again, didn't think to do that with the downloader. Yea I have a laptop to but of course the battery was dead so I couldn't just take it outside when I needed it. And I was trying to avoid talking to Diablo cause I've heard they're not the best to get in touch with and I hate playing all day tag with that kind of stuff. I was getting so frustrated I was about to end up with a new truck to cause this one was about to go up in flames lol. But enjoy the new sport!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think its a windows issue.... but ive had issues before and had to reload the tune or calibration a few times before... seems like their software is buggy

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I think its a windows issue.... but ive had issues before and had to reload the tune or calibration a few times before... seems like their software is buggy

Well I do have Windows and it's windows 10, I absolutely hate it, so it could be related. I'll remember for next time.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I do have Windows and it's windows 10, I absolutely hate it, so it could be related. I'll remember for next time.

Don't get me started on windows 10, I have it at work... No thanks you can keep it..

I've kept a older laptop that I run a old copy of CAD and windows XP on. The only thing I use it for is Tuning files, CAD work and to store all the Product info sheets of what I plan to do to different projects.
I'm not a comp wiz or anything but I think its just one of those glitches in software that argue with other things every now and then but most of the time works...
Most times when Ive gone to load a tune or tweak a tune or reset something it takes me a few times for it to go through... Not sure if its the fix but worked for me the other day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334