Tuning with the Diablosport Intune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LA_HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all, new to this forum and I have done my research but still have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer. My mods are in my signature for reference.

I have a diablosport Intune being shipped to my house by the end of next week. I would like to know how easy it will be to custom tune the canned tunes to get the best performance out of them?

I plan on data logging to get the knock readings on the stock tune and will go from there. I have read multiple forums on problems with knock and these canned tunes so I will take my time in trying to find the best gas in my area to get the most performance/mileage out of my truck. I also plan on installing an Innovative Wideband O2 Gauge to make sure the A/F Ratio is at its optimum which I believe is 12.5 for the 5.7 Hemi at WOT.

I will be playing it safe but i would like other opinions on tuning AF and timing before getting into it. I realize that there are custom tuners out there but I enjoy figuring stuff out like this on my own or at least with help and advice from others. Any help would be appreciated!

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I have read others try is to increase timing until they see knock in their datalogs. Also increase fuel. I have never performed this myself so I can't really speak as to how one actually goes about doing this with their handheld tuner.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Most of the user tweaking you can do, without the Diablosport programming, will be to quick adjust things like tire sizes, WOT shift points, fuel octane, etc... In other words, what you can touch or should touch, is very minimal.

You can get a custom tune for not a lot of money from someone who does have the software and who knows exactly what to tweak. They build a tune based on logs taken from your truck. It's a very effective way to tune your vehicle.

OP
OP
LA_HEMI

LA_HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would a wideband O2 Sensor with A/F gauge capable of data logging help with getting a better email tune?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It might but you'd have to ask the person doing the tuning. I don't think you can import the A/F gauge files into the programmer so they'd have to be sent as a separate file if the tuner can use them.

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes A/F plays a big role in performance. If you can provide your a/f ratio to your tuner he can maximize the tune for best performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01