Turbo 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goatttuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
I have a 2002 1500 with the 4.7 magnum and I have a 67mm turbo and want to turbo the truck. Most likely will rear mount it but is there any kits out there and/or are there any thing needed besides mechanical like computer/tuning if I run 5 lbs. also anyone who has turboed their truck and tips and advice thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can get a generic STS turbo kit (remote) but you'll have to adapt it to your truck. It's doable, there's a guy on DT on got the adapter manifold from airram to use the eaton supercharger from a cobra mustang. Unfortunately he didn't get to finish it. Keep in mind, you have a 45RFE, so once you start putting some serious power to it...it'll die lol. Of course you're gonna need custom tuning and the stock engine (if in good shape) should live at 5psi. Don't go above that without building the engine.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup no tune and you will have holy pistons in no time. I have access to any turbo I want and I would never put one on any of my vehicles. No diesels thats why LOL.