Valve cover replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Hey guys I bought a set of valve cover gaskets at my work and it came with 24 rubber grommets... j have no idea what they are for... does anyone know or have done this before with this set? I Work At Advance Auto Parts So I Got The FELPRO set. I have no idea what they are for because there are only 16 valves... valve seals maybe? There are to many of them... and it isn't spark plug set because the spark plug come from the side of the head... I'm lost. Any idea what they are for?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I bought a set of valve cover gaskets at my work and it came with 24 rubber grommets... j have no idea what they are for... does anyone know or have done this before with this set? I Work At Advance Auto Parts So I Got The FELPRO set. I have no idea what they are for because there are only 16 valves... valve seals maybe? There are to many of them... and it isn't spark plug set because the spark plug come from the side of the head... I'm lost. Any idea what they are for?

Are they grommets or o-rings? Can you post a picture? You should have at least 16 o-rings for the spark plug tubes in addition to the large ones for the covers themselves, if I'm not mistaken there should be actual grommets where the cover bolts go through.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Are they grommets or o-rings? Can you post a picture? You should have at least 16 o-rings for the spark plug tubes in addition to the large ones for the covers themselves, if I'm not mistaken there should be actual grommets where the cover bolts go through.

UnfortuantelyI don't have a hemi. It's a 4.7 so the spark plugs don't go from the top. They go from the side this is why j am confused... yes I will post up a picture tomorrow when I look at it again

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
UnfortuantelyI don't have a hemi. It's a 4.7 so the spark plugs don't go from the top. They go from the side this is why j am confused... yes I will post up a picture tomorrow when I look at it again

Oops lol...not sure how I missed that...
I was looking at the parts book, pretty sure those are the grommets for the valve cover bolts, as there are 12 bolts per cover.

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
These are what they are

Attachments

• 1434042707990-664093544.jpg
    1434042707990-664093544.jpg