Vibrations 50mph-65mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msm12r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,
I am a new member to the forum. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this issue. My truck was fine leading up to a tow job. As soon as I picked up my truck the next morning and hit 50mph and up through about 65mph it vibrates. it is at its strongest at about 55mph to 60mph and then slowly fades out at lower or higher speeds. I have replaced a broken motor mount, shocks, upper and lower ball joints, alignment, tires balanced and lastly new tires and this vibration is still there and nobody knows what it is. Everything apparently looks good on the front end. I was going to have them look at the axle and drive train next to see if something wasn't bent, but I'm running out of the "what I think it could be". Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What was the tow job ?

Any mods to the truck ie level , lift ...anything ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

msm12r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was towed from my own complex due to an expired decal. it is a 2wd and it was backed into a spot so it should've been a relatively simple tow, but they damaged something and I can't figure out what they did, nor can anyone at the shops. Its never been in an accident. There are no modifications to this truck at all.

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
Had a similar issue, also changed out loads of parts, had an alignment, had the wheels balanced and the problem persisted.

Turned out it was a bent rim, had it straightened and vibration was nearly gone (could not get it perfectly straight). Took me a long time to find the problem, since I thought that a perfectly balanced wheel means the rim is straight, turns out you can balance a bent wheel no problem.

Symptoms were the same as you describe, in a certain mph range it vibrated. Easiest way is when the wheel is spinning on the balancing machine, you'll see straight away if it's bent or not.