Want more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbakieks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As far as I know I have stock gearing. I recently bought the truck. I put on dual magna flow exhaust. I always hear people say to put a cold air intake on but Iv also heard people say its a massive waste of money. Do tuners and things like that make a big difference? I know with a diesel they work but haven't heard much about gassers. I don't plan on pulling much with it just want to have some serious power. Got any ideas or tips? Also its a 5.7 on 35s

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Programmers do help. The programmer canned tunes help but what really makes a difference is getting a custom tune done for your truck. The programmer is used to load the custom tune on your truck.

I had a Diablosport I2 with a Hemifever custom tune on my 2014/6.4L Hemi powered truck and it made an amazing difference.

I put a CAI on my 2007 5.7L Hemi powered MegaCab and immediately noticed an improvement in throttle response.

Good luck and YMMV.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have stock gearing and 35's, the biggest noticeable power gain will be gears. Find one of those online calculates that will get your ratio back to stock equivalent with 35's, then go one set up (my personal belief, to compensate for added weight of wheels/tires).

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
4.56's will be your biggest butt dyno/bang for the buck. Add a cam and a custom tune (and lucky you having an 05) and it will be so much more fun.

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
start with the basics
Cold air intake
Exhaust (you've done)
Tune

Then go for gears, longtubes, torque converter, cam...and the list could keep going lol

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
start with the basics
Cold air intake
Exhaust (you've done)
Tune

Then go for gears, longtubes, torque converter, cam...and the list could keep going lol

Yup...and not only will the list keep going but so will the money outta your wallet!!! :roflsquared:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think I saw mentioned serious power so I say go right to a s/c which usually comes with a tuner and bam

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I saw mentioned serious power so I say go right to a s/c which usually comes with a tuner and bam

I still would do gears before s/c.

Gear ratio is often overlooked, and with an auto (I have a stick, for stick it is the clutch), I personally think it is important for the life of the trans. Reason being, the auto trans is toying around with the shift points to compensate for the not as expected gear ratio, when you give it a heavy right foot. Where it might not have had to downshift, and now it has to, this increases trans temps.

Still, for the price, there is little that will give you as much of a bang as gears (when you increase tire size that much). If you don't change tire size so much, than gears are pointless.

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Serious power would be, Cams, Boost "Turbo/SC", Tuned and exhaust etc, with lots of money! I spent a while on here looking into making my truck into a sleeper. You have to realize how big and heavy the truck is, and how much it actually cost to make that weight go fast Vs, lets say a 3200lb car. Basically, like everyone says, to make your truck "Feel" more powerful than others stock Rams, get a custom tune, it will open up the HEMI. Intakes are alright but they have a really huge inflation, price tag, because a lot of people think they add 30WHP, so don't go wasting a ton of money on one and expecting massive gains. From what I've read the stock air box with a K&N filter is just as good as a CIA. You have heavy tires, which rob power, you could get rid of those, or like everyone mentioned, gearing. Check out Youtube Roadkill making Hellcat power out of a 5.7 HEMI, this will give you an idea on what to expect. I personally decided it wasn't worth it for me to do all the work and I just use a MBRP Catback system and K&N filters and call it a day. Stock they work great to begin with!

OP
OP
Bubbakieks

Bubbakieks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also as far as tuners go what would be the best option and what all goes into the install and actually getting it set up?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
456s will get it up an going quite a bit better for sure. A converter with 456s will make it feel like a totally new truck. I did a comp 260 cam in my truck after having 456s an the truck felt like it gained more with the converter than it did after installing the other two mods, granted its all working together to help improve its crazy how much stronger/faster the truck is/can feel when it's staying in the power band

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
456s will get it up an going quite a bit better for sure. A converter with 456s will make it feel like a totally new truck. I did a comp 260 cam in my truck after having 456s an the truck felt like it gained more with the converter than it did after installing the other two mods, granted its all working together to help improve its crazy how much stronger/faster the truck is/can feel when it's staying in the power band

Definitely

OP
OP
Bubbakieks

Bubbakieks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What kind of price am I looking at? And it sounds like I should go with 4.56...