Weird Starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Okay so about a week ago, I installed a new radio. It is a ATOTO M4, paired with a Metra Metra XSVI-6502-NAV. The install went great and I soldered all connections making sure everything worked. But the next day when I started to head for work, the truck started and ran for about 3 seconds, then died. After that I tried cranking it again and it would not start. I tired everything, ieven removed this Viper remote start thing and made sure the wiring was back in its original form. I finally disconnected the negative battery terminal and put it back on, the truck then started fine and ran until I got to work. Now this problem has been happening about every other time I start the truck. I intalled the old original radio back and it had the same problem. I contacted Metra and he said that their harness brought a problem out of the truck that will not be fixed unless I find the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, and/or does anyone know of a fix?

It's an 06 Ram 1500 4.7 Flex Fuel 4x4 Crew Cab