What did I do wrong ? No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garfield0264

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
i just decided to change my valve springs, valve stem seals and pushrods on my 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi.
So I removed the air box - ignition harness - ignition coils and valve covers.
After that I removed the rocker shafts and pushrods.
Before compressing the springs, I decided to bring each piston in the TDC position, just to be sure that in case the 30 PSI pressure went away, the valve won't fall very far... So I turned the crankcase (clockwise) with a socket and a plier bar, each time before beginning compressing, and that for each cylinder.
Everything went OK.
After that i just placed the new pushrods in the holes (long ones for exhaust) and set back in place the 4 rocker shafts. (torqued at 30 ft.lbs)
I remount the coils, ignition harness (in the correct firing order)..... but the car won't start and seem to misfire ?
Did I do something wrong turning the crankcase without the pushrods ?
Any help ????

PS: sorry for my bad english (I'm a french talking belgian from Brussels)
Thanks

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
You've got your rocker shafts torqued down too tight, should only be 195 in lbs (16.25 ft lbs). I think there was a member here a couple years ago who did the same thing and he had trouble getting the engine to run. While you're in there I'd make sure all of the pushrods are still in place. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock