what does it take

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i want to hit 13's in the 1/4 mile, what am i looking at as far mods go. i got some planning to do. if its extreme and going to run 5000.00 i dont care to do it. i will progressively build it up so the best order to do the mods will be cool too. im thinking an efan soon just because its cheap and easy

im not in a rush and will probably start in next spring and go from there. im pretty happy with the exterior. the interior needs a little customization but nothing major. if 13 is unrealistic 14 would be fine. i did a couple or runs on the hyperpac tonight and was disapointed. 15.5 was the best run but i was hesitant and kept spinning bad off the tree. i didnt have a perfectly flat road either. thanks for any input guys

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
what are you running aaron? not the cam i meant the time

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
so cam, tune, headers, gears. what about a TC? i need to do some reading i always left the engine work to my little brother.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
previous post edited with time before you even asked. im two steps ahead bro ;)

well played. thats not a bad time for your big ass truck. i dont know if your wheel tire combo weighs too much more than mine. but i may be totally wrong

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
each wheel and tire weighs in at about 120 lbs. harder to turn due to weight and diameter.

torque converter-- I'd recommend the Circle D one teach put in. Roughly a 2800 stall, and gonna put down more power to the ground (frees up about 10%). Edge has really good ones too that have roughly the same numbers (I have an edge 2600 stall).

What are your current gears? If they're 3.92, i'd keep em until you get the other stuff done and see where you're trapping at. Ideally, you'll pull through 3rd gear at the trap and not shift to 4th (although it would shift to 4th JUST after the line). I fear with 4.56 you'd be shifting into 4th and it would hurt your time.

As for a cam, lots of success with the 268 even in QC, but the KRC 210x is quite a beast also. Its low end grunt would help offset the lack of 4.56 gears. There are quite a few cam options that would work great

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Talk to Chefred, he is well into the 13's w/o the bottle. I guess another Question is are you going to strip her down for the track (weight reduction)?

Otherwise, a good cam (one made for QC's so do some research there) TC around a 2800-3000 stall (one that matches your cam), gears (IMO 4.56's), a good tune, raise your shift points for the cam, LT headers, DR's or Slicks (just the DR's/Slicks should cut the times down quite a bit). So overall, you are looking at a couple grand. Or you can spray it

blackshadow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
good luck hope you make it, i have never been one to do to much engine modding I just like to make them look like there going fast.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Haha Im on board with you Okla! A 13 second QC is what Im striving for! If it helps out, here's what Ive planned

LT headers.... Check
Dual Exhaust... Check
Volant Intake... Check (but will get replaced by Blower)
Tune... Check, but will need to be modified
Lowered... Check
4.56 Gears and Detroit True Trac... INWK
40Lb injectors/bigger fuel pump... Planned
Boost/Fuel Press/AFR Guages and Pod... Planned
Procharger (tuned with DSP)... Planned
TC (not sure what stall).... Planned
Cam (not sure which one yet)... Planned
But when I do the cam, im taking the motor out and having it bored/honed and replacing the internals with upgraded forged parts. Then I can up my boost levels! =P
Sheradon stage 2/3 tranny... Probably planned

Lets go Okla! DO IT DO IT!

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Buy a diesel?

i almost put dont say this in the start of the thread because i knew someone would do it.

a couple of grand doenst sound too bad as long as its not 5 or 6. i didnt really want to mod until i did the 1/4 mile runs last night i was sad.....

like i said it will probably start in the spring i am just looking for the best starting point

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
def. headers and cam and tune. ive got tons of lowend right now. this thing jumps and is at 50 in no time :D

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
thats cool. i already know im going to need something for traction i was spinning all over the place last night

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
basic bolt ons right now plus a muffler. nothing special. i wanted to get the truck looking how i wanted before i did anything else. honestly i never was too concerned with doing major performance mods but last night changed my mind, i thought i would be a little faster. im going to do a mod list here in a minute

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
it will be a learning experience for sure

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
efan, ported tb, lt headers, and tc might get in the 13s depends on the track conditions and stuff though

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i think e fan will be first, cheap and easy, then headers. not sure after that