What is a normal air fuel ratio @ WOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed my aem wideband and have a few questions.

What is a normal vs a bad A/F ratio reading at wide open throttle? I'm seeing wot, from just a glance, anywhere from 11.8 to 12.6. It holds 12.6 pretty steady from 4,000rpms and up. Is that a good ratio to run?

Also I have my diablo sport trinity reading off the wideband gauge. Is it normal for the trinity to bounce around more? The reading is close but not exact what the the gauge shows. Like if the gauge shows a somewhat holds a steady 14.8 the trinity will bounce around from 14.3 to 14.9. I have the grounds together and everything has a good connection. Is there a wrong way to set up the trinity?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AFR seems a little fat, but safe, in the low-end RPMs and gets to near perfect above 4k RPMs.

It sounds like your Trinity is reading the AEM the exact same as mine does, so you should be good there.

Just curious what you set the range for the AEM on the Trinity? I set mine at 10-19.98

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Under normal cruis, the gauge should read 14.7 or in that range. At WOT, and ideal AFR would be around 12.8. You are close enough above 4k, but I would look into maybe leaning out the mixture a bit down low like Tyler said. You still have more power on the table.

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine runs dead at 12.6 from the moment I go wot all the way through the pull. I have found that gives me the best power with no knock.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AFR seems a little fat, but safe, in the low-end RPMs and gets to near perfect above 4k RPMs.

It sounds like your Trinity is reading the AEM the exact same as mine does, so you should be good there.

Just curious what you set the range for the AEM on the Trinity? I set mine at 10-19.98

Mine is set at 10 to 19.99.

I just installed a 72mm F&B TB and I added a little fuel through out the WOT range and it may be the reason I'm fat down low. I will have to lean it back out.