whats best spark plugs for 06 with a hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm coming up on 50000 want to replace the spark plugs in my ram any one have any recommendations I was searching online and saw that copper plugs are oem but there are so many options out there and I want the best bang for my buck performance wise .also while checking online I read that some people were having issues using the fancier plugs and I don't want any future headaches so has anyone here experienced any problems using other than the oem copper plugs in their HEMI

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
The best plug is more than likely OEM...I believe they are Champion Copper Plugs...you can find tune up packages online for ablut $100, that come with all the plugs. Alot of those "super" plugs are nothing but marketing smoke and mirrors...

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you dont want to use champion coppers, NGK makes a nice copper that works well in this motor. im running them now. last time i changed plugs, the store only had 10 champions in stock.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i have to agree with the others on the stock champion coppers

Last edited:

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FWIW, I changed out the stock champions at 22K miles for some Autolite XP Iridium. Either the champions weren't gapped correctly from the factory or they opened up to nearly .55 in that 22k miles span. I just checked the Autolites a couple weeks ago because I'm almost at 60K mile service and the autolite's gap have opened up to about 48-50. Autolite has a $2/plug rebate, so I'll be getting them again since they're only $1 more a plug than the stock champions.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have heard more then once that the Iridium plugs break down and drip on the pistons. Did you see anything odd on any of them???

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The two that I pulled and checked the gap on looked really good. Ceramic was a nice light brown, ground strap had the normal rounded corners wear, but the electrode looked as good as the day I put them in. I've heard of melting issue happening with platinum plugs but not iridium.

38k miles on these and I haven't had any problems. I'm getting ready to order another set.