What's your thought on guages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hey guys, I'm trying to get your opinion on guages. Here's what I'll need

1. AFR wideband Guage
2. Vacuum/Boost Guage
3. Fuel Pressure Guage

Been looking for awhile, and here's what I like:

AFR: VEI Systems -- Intelligent Vehicle Instrumentation -- Products: Instruments
Boost: VEI Systems -- Intelligent Vehicle Instrumentation -- Products: Instruments
Fuel/Oil Pressure: VEI Systems -- Intelligent Vehicle Instrumentation -- Products: Instruments

Here's one in action.
[yt]SO3OcdCUEhI[/yt]

Let me know what you think. I like this setup cause it's easy to read, has great reviews, and isn't too expensive. Plus, they'll all be digital blue, and all look alike, mounted in a triple pod.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
...Touche'! Nah man I looked at that one and it's pretty cool, but I only need to monitor these 3 main items. I don't wanna have to jump the guage around to see different things, and it's like $400.

Lol, I like the look of a bunch of guages too. I know I'm wierd. My first car was a '90 CRX... yeah, I had like 89 Horsepower and a 8 Inch tachometer!

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
keep an eye out on the classifieds. i got mine for $150.

what is the total cost of all the gauges and sensors for your mentioned setup. if its only a couple bucks more to get the AI, get the AI cause its so versatile.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I like my AI setup with w/band. But would really like a gage setup that datalogged and had a downloadable file.

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I think they have some that do that. I will use my DPS to datalog, so that wont be needed. That guage 'Teach had was pretty sick though. What was it? Didn't it have AFR and a 1/4 mile time log?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
The AI does datalogs times, trans/engine temps and about thirty other things. Basically it'll read every sensor on the truck. Damn close anyway.. But like you said I got so much ******* in it I don't want to swap out to something else. lol