white smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ohiogray1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's up everybody I am a first time truck owner. Here is the situation I bout the truck 3 weeks ago it is an 02 with 65000 miles. I am blowing white smoke when I excellerate it dosent smell like a blown hg my antifreeze level is staying steady. I took it to a dealer they told me that they think it could be burning oil some where. I havent pulled the plugs yeat to see if there was any evidence of anything just figured id ask some honest people instead of getting bs d around n paying for something I might b able to go my self. Could the white smoke b comming from the exhaust do to my donut flange needs to be replace if anyone hasaany idea your input would b greatly appreciated thank you

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What engine? I've heard of a couple 4.7L engines blowing white smoke, one had less than 36,000 miles.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have already checked the first item on the list.
Check the oil level and see if it where it should be. Also check the color. If you have any milky white substance in it, it's water.
Next check the plugs and see what they look like.

OP
OP
02ohiogray1500

02ohiogray1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My motor is the 4.7 v8 and im gonna pull the plugs today n do some investigation on it. Ill prolly take it to advanced and have them put a scanner on it. Will post codes later today if any. How hard is it to replace a dounut flang on the exhaust

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idk if you have flanges. On my 5.7 I didn't have any so I just snapped the bolts off with my impact gun got zinc grade 8 bolts with lock washers and coated the flange with some sort of exhaust leak repair cream (it looks like toothpaste) and then torqued the **** out of them with my impact and she's been tight ever since

OP
OP
02ohiogray1500

02ohiogray1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked oil didntget a chance to pull plugs today but oil looked low n darker then normal I did some research n I think It said use 5w20 or 10w 30......only bought the truck for 5000, I just hoping I didnt buy into a money pit will post pics of plugs tomorrow thanks for all ur input