Wife Killed Her Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok my wife finally killed something other than plants. She killed her 08 ram 1500. I warned her to check the oil at least once a week, but like a lot of women she did not listen. So now I gotta get a new motor for it. Found a hemi with tranny for sale in my area but needing a bit of advice. The engine she killed is the 4.7l (which I am gonna steal some parts off for my 3rd ram which is going to my daughter when she hits 16) and the tranny is ok (automatic). I have done engine swaps before (my driver has a viper motor, tranny, and rear end in it now), but not from the 4.7l to the hemi. The Hemi I found is in a 2010 ram witht eh automatic, but if I can use the automatic in her truck I would prefer to use that. Will the 2011 hemi bolt right up or would it be better just to get both from the guy that ahs the motor and tranny (the price for them is right). 3rd vehicle my wife has killed and I am getting frustrated with her about this.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It will fit, I would imagine that the engine mounts are different. You'll need to get all the wiring and computers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought as much. I stuck a viper engine in my truck and had a heck of a time getting everything right with it. Just cannot afford to have her truck down too long or she will want mine until hers is fixed. Definitely will not let her drive my truck again, last time she was doing 360's on the highway when she floored it. I swear she had to have changed her underwear after that she looked like she saw her life flash in front of her eyes. Cost me some rims and tires when she did that.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh, I am going to have to rip on you for this one. Good heavens! I can't believe what I am hearing. Seriously? Man the hell up!!! That's your flippin job!!!! Hers is to clean the house and feed the children.

That's a man's job to make sure the vehicles are maintained. Do you keep a maintenance log book on your vehicles? Mark the calender and give her the money to get it done if your not going to do it!!

Really? Check the oil once a week? Who the hell does that? Once a month is the norm. Buy a vehicle for her that doesn't burn or leak oil!!!! Or you do it!!!

Oh I would love to get her side of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

twinzx11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok my wife finally killed something other than plants. She killed her 08 ram 1500. I warned her to check the oil at least once a week, but like a lot of women she did not listen. So now I gotta get a new motor for it. Found a hemi with tranny for sale in my area but needing a bit of advice. The engine she killed is the 4.7l (which I am gonna steal some parts off for my 3rd ram which is going to my daughter when she hits 16) and the tranny is ok (automatic). I have done engine swaps before (my driver has a viper motor, tranny, and rear end in it now), but not from the 4.7l to the hemi. The Hemi I found is in a 2010 ram witht eh automatic, but if I can use the automatic in her truck I would prefer to use that. Will the 2011 hemi bolt right up or would it be better just to get both from the guy that ahs the motor and tranny (the price for them is right). 3rd vehicle my wife has killed and I am getting frustrated with her about this.

sounds like she needs a taxi or bus fair money

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I agree, personally (nothing against women) but I wouldn't trust my girl to put gas in a vehicle seeing as she blew up her dads gas 2500 by putting diesel in it.:Violin:.

But were all friends here :) be nice :)

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately I work on the Mississippi river and am home for one week out of each month. So I really cannot check the oil in her truck except when I am home. I do normally do it whan I am home but this happened when I was at work. Not sure just what happened to cause it to lose the oil, I did a complete check when I got home and found no reason for it to have done this. Everything was in place, no oil on the block, and her truck never used a drop until now. Gonna break the motor down and see if I can figure something out.
My wife is an airhead, I hate to say that but she blew up our stove not long ago (that is still a mystery to me on how she did that). Her truck was reliable until this happened. She normally takes it to the nearby 5 minute oil change place, but it was not due yet. Just wish it was still under warrantee, but unfortunately with over 150k miles I do not think it is. Oh well the dealer I got it from new is gonna come and get it. They are gonna do the Hemi install as soon as the crate motor gets to them.
She is not getting my truck though, gonna have to let her have the daughters present for a bit though.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh, I am going to have to rip on you for this one. Good heavens! I can't believe what I am hearing. Seriously? Man the hell up!!! That's your flippin job!!!! Hers is to clean the house and feed the children.

That's a man's job to make sure the vehicles are maintained. Do you keep a maintenance log book on your vehicles? Mark the calender and give her the money to get it done if your not going to do it!!

Really? Check the oil once a week? Who the hell does that? Once a month is the norm. Buy a vehicle for her that doesn't burn or leak oil!!!! Or you do it!!!

Oh I would love to get her side of the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First when I am home I do check her truck out. But this happened one day before I got off the boat. The only reason I told her to check the oil weakly is she does a lot of driving around. PTA, her job, the kids. Heck how she does all that without going nutcase I will never understand. She is just an airhead that thinks all you have to do is stick gas in the vehicle and go. Her last car (a 2001 Camry) she killed it too. Thank god it was under warrantee and they found something wrong with the motor that kept me from putting out for a new motor. Gotta realize that a lot of women are like my wife: put key in, start car, go everywhere, then come home.

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn women drivers.... my wife is the same way ^^^ im deployed and if it wasnt for my father in law changing the oil she prolly would have killed her new jeep before i get home lol

Camo Ram

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
From 09-2013 the 5.7 hemi was changed to a VVT head setup along with dif intake, front cover.... dang near everything. The 03-08 hemis all have the same block and heads but the lifters were changed in the 1500's from 06-08. If your looking for the easier swap with the 4.7 PCM playing nice then look for the 03-08 range. Im guessing you will do a freshen up before the motor gets dropped in?

electricme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pictures of your wife or it didnt happen :High 5:

lol seriously though my wife would be lost if she had to check the oil in anything just not something you can blame them for. Just like id be lost if she told me to bake an apple pie. I know it sounds sexist and sterotypical but its true, the majority of women dont mess with there vehicles and its not a bad thing.

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe she just wanted a hemi lol... hope it all gets fixed quickly and let us know how the swap goes

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

WOW. You don't find too many women that won't take offense to this kind of statement. Not that the kitchen and kids are the only thing the woman should do...but a mans job is a mans job.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pictures of your wife or it didnt happen :High 5:

lol seriously though my wife would be lost if she had to check the oil in anything just not something you can blame them for. Just like id be lost if she told me to bake an apple pie. I know it sounds sexist and sterotypical but its true, the majority of women dont mess with there vehicles and its not a bad thing.

That's true, although I'm pretty knowledgeable with the basics of an automobile I wouldn't expect him to do my wifely duties.

This dude needs to get off momma's teet and grow up!:bawl: If he want's a woman that can act and be like a man he can find a tranny that fits the bill. Sorry to be so mean but airhead? She is left alone to tend to things by herself while he is gone. I have a feeling that she may be overwhelmed and stressed.

He should seek marriage counseling instead of bad mouthing her. Hell, he married her. Was she an airhead when he was dating her? Blinded by the thrill of the hunt and the ******** hey?

Seriously though, they need to have a long talk. Before he comes home one day and finds she is gone!!!!!!

Heed my warning dude!!!! If you love her!!!

Last edited:

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sybil, I've met quite a few people with alpha male syndrome. I see how it goes. I'd like to remind you, that this is not the 15th century anymore.
I also used to work away from home for months on end and there is simply no reason why my wife wouldn't or couldn't check the oil or do other simple tasks. My mother could, so can she. It's that simple. Just like there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to cook my own damn "apple pie" if need be.
Now that I have also added to this useless conversation,
I would also suggest going for an earlier HEMI.

Also, 4.7l have overheating issues. That's how most of these motors go,
Including the one in my previous truck. Are you sure it's not something like that?

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My engine swap and happiness went up several notches about 30 minutes ago. The dealer came and got my wifes truck early in the morning and took it to their shop. First thing I found out is that it was not my wifes fault (she now has 12 red roses in a vase on her desk at work). What I did not know was that her truck had an oil cooler on it (ok I'm dumb did not even think it had one). Where one of the hoses from the engine went into the cooler broke off and the hose was hanging down. It litterly pumped all the oil out of the engine in a few seconds. Second thing we found out is that she has a lifetime warrantee on her trucks drivetrain (another thing I id not know because I was not with her when she bought it NEW). So she will be getting a brand new engine at no charge. The manager wanted to know if we wanted a Hemi installed, well I will leave that up to my wife. It is her truck afterall. Good news for my wallet and wife.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sybil, I've met quite a few people with alpha male syndrome. I see how it goes. I'd like to remind you, that this is not the 15th century anymore.
I also used to work away from home for months on end and there is simply no reason why my wife wouldn't or couldn't check the oil or do other simple tasks. My mother could, so can she. It's that simple. Just like there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to cook my own damn "apple pie" if need be.
Now that I have also added to this useless conversation,
I would also suggest going for an earlier HEMI.

Also, 4.7l have overheating issues. That's how most of these motors go,
Including the one in my previous truck. Are you sure it's not something like that?

Is there another section for this kind of banter? I'll give you a piece of my mind there. Back to the topic. Sorry Moderator.