Wife Killed Her Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Is there another section for this kind of banter? I'll give you a piece of my mind there. Back to the topic. Sorry Moderator.

thank you

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Sybil Me and my wife have been very happily married for 24 years now. Her Camry she did kill. But it seems her truck was some defect with the oil cooler. We have only ever had one fight and that was over naming our almost 16 year old daughter (I still am not fond of the name Samantha). But I let her win that one. It is hard on both of us me working offshore and being gone for 2 weeks at a time, but she manages. Even she calls herself an airhead so I do not think she would bat an eyelash about me saying it here. Marriage consouling is for people that are having trouble, which we do not, unless you call a teenaged daughter, 10 year old twin daughters and a son that just started 2nd grade problems.

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it worked out for you. I've heard about these lifetime warrantees but I have no clue how they work. Just out of curiosity.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sybil Me and my wife have been very happily married for 24 years now. Her Camry she did kill. But it seems her truck was some defect with the oil cooler. We have only ever had one fight and that was over naming our almost 16 year old daughter (I still am not fond of the name Samantha). But I let her win that one. It is hard on both of us me working offshore and being gone for 2 weeks at a time, but she manages. Even she calls herself an airhead so I do not think she would bat an eyelash about me saying it here. Marriage consouling is for people that are having trouble, which we do not, unless you call a teenaged daughter, 10 year old twin daughters and a son that just started 2nd grade problems.

I'm glad to hear that. It did not come out that way at all in your original post.

God bless!

PS: No offense, I'm kind of a *****.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Sybil Well I admit I was a bit peeved when I had to go get my wife and the kids when she called me crying her eyes out (she loves her truck). But I am now all calmed down and happy now that we do not have to pay for a new (or remanufactured) engine. I can never stay mad at my wife, we all make mistakes and even I am no exception.
As far as her truck goes she has not decided upon what engine she wants yet. It will be most likely Monday before she makes up her mind. Me now I can go back to doing my subwoofer box like a happy idiot. Gonna take her out tonight as an addition to the flowers I gave her earlier today.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Gonna take her out tonight as an addition to the flowers I gave her earlier today.

Ok, now I am starting to like you.
Make sure the new engine doesn't leak and check the tranny , rear end and other fluids as well for leaks because you know ole Murphy's law will come and bite you in the butt!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, now I am starting to like you.
Make sure the new engine doesn't leak and check the tranny , rear end and other fluids as well for leaks because you know ole Murphy's law will come and bite you in the butt!
Dealership is doing all the work. SO they will test it out and I will make sure they call my wife to be sure she takes it in when needed for the oil change. They think they know how the piece broke. They said it looked like something hit it at just the right angle. Oh well she will be happy soon, anther nice thing is she got a loaner car until her truck is fixed.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dealership is doing all the work. SO they will test it out and I will make sure they call my wife to be sure she takes it in when needed for the oil change.

Way to go!:waytogo:You killed two birds with one stone. You took the lead and the stress of her having to worry about one more thing and you won't have to worry about her killing another truck.

See how easy that was?

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad it worked out for you. I've heard about these lifetime warrantees but I have no clue how they work. Just out of curiosity.

Ok this is how a lifetime warrantee works on the drive train end:

1 It covers the engine, transmission, driveshaft, and rear end plus any components directly attached to them.

2 It can be voided by doing installing any unapproved modification to your vehicle (tuning using a tuner is considered an unapproved modification).

3 You must take the vehicle to the dealership for ALL maintenance or a repair shop that has a FACTORY trained repair person.

4 Any approved modification must be done by a dealership or an approved shop.

5 You must keep ALL receipts. This is the one that gets most people's warrantees voided. They lose the one most important one they need.

Rule of thumb on mods is to check and see if what you plan on doing is factory approved (most parts straight from the factory skunk works will not void the warrantee if they are installed by the dealer or an approved shop). Always keep the paper work for anything you install on your vehicle for the time that you may need it.

There are a lot more things that can void a warrantee and what they are are supposed to be spelled out in the paperwork you get when you buy your truck new. Not sure if a lifetime warrantee is transferable, someone in the know though might chime in here on that one.

This does not mean you cannot modify your truck or car, it just means that you have to do some research before sticking that new part on. With tuners you want to keep the stock tune, and when you go to the shop reset your vehicle to the stock tune (that is one reason I always suggest someone buy a new tuner, so that they will not get a bad tune from another truck).

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate the info!

No problem. It is best to read the warrantee completely to see what can and cannot be done to our pride and joy's before we void it. Something that a lot of people do not know and is not in the warrantee wording is about the headlights. I almost voided my wiring warrantee when I first bought my truck new. I wanted more light so I got the Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs and installed them. A couple days later the check engine light came on (from this point on called the idiot light). Now being paranoid I though something was wrong with my engine. Stopped and checked the oil and all other fluids to be sure. No odd noise, all fluids were ok and my truck was running perfect.
So off to the dealer I went. That is where I learned that the Sylvania high beam part of the bulbs drew more amps than the computer liked. The dealership was nice and installed stock headlight bulbs back into the headlights and let me know to not do that again (basically got a slap on the hand and a second chance).
After that I did a bit of research and the stock bulbs have low beam 55 watts and high beams 60 watts, while the Silverstars have 55 low and 65 high beams. Almost lost my warrantee over that.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wife decided she wants the hemi upgrade they are offering. We will be letting the dealership know this Monday morning. I am very glad she is not a lead-foot like me.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Although my wifes vehicles have a tendency to die on her, she is a very good driver. She ahs never gotten a ticket for anything at all (unlike me who seems to get a speeding ticket every year), I am glad she is like that though keeps our insurance under control.
But got a shock the other day. Went to the insurance company and let them know that I was planning on giving my daughter the extra Ram. He went through the numbers and this is what he said "Make her take drivers ed or expect to pay 3 times your premium." That was a massive shock seeing as we pay a bit over $250 per month as is for just me and my wife (full coverage on her truck, my truck has a custom policy though). Still giving my daughter the truck but she wil have to pitch in for the insurance (she volunteered to do it).

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds about right. Three pickups in the family, a teenage female on one of them, and it's going to get jacked up.

When we bought the 76 and were insuring, the insurance lady moved me from my Ram to the 76..dropped the family insurance 70 something bucks a month.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gonna see if we can do a custom policy to get the rate down. Gonna keep the full coverage on the wifes truck (she uses it daily), my truck has what it needs plus a few options, may do the same for my daughters B-Day present. Gotta talk to the agent tomorrow to see what can be done. Definitely do not want to disappoint my little one on her B-Day.

OP
OP
M

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
An update for everyone. My wife got her truck back yesterday afternoon. She is extremely happy with the Hemi, and loves that now she can actually tow my big trailer (why did I let her talk me into having them install a towing package???). New warrantee with the motor and transmission, and I only had to pay $2500 for the items that were not covered and the towing kit. Happy wife, happy me, happy kids.