Wont Roast the tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhale18383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I bought my first dodge ever recently. It is an 07 dodge ram 1500 4.7L 4x4 Big horn edition tow package. all stock. except for the exhaust that i put on hoping it would help it out. When i power brake it on dry pavement it will not spin the tires at all. It just comes up on its brakes and holds steady at 2 grand. even if i am at a dead stop and mash it, it still wont roast them. Now all my chevys that i have had would roast them. Is there something that i am missing? Is there anything i can do to get it to roast them?

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do same procedure and let go of brakes a bit, so that the rear brakes disengage enough,then mash the pedal, do it in first or second gear though.

But yeah I won't do a burnout unless I'm getting new tires. Peeling out is a different story.

OP
OP
J

jhale18383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Im not worried about impressing anyone. or the tire guy. It frustrates me that i have a truck that wont roast tires when i want it to. PCA4208 I have tried that. It has 20s on it they are the stick 20 in rims that come on in it tire size its self i dont remeber. I know its a big truck but i had a chevy that was lifted with 20s and it would eat the rear tires. I like the dodge as well i just want it to roast tires.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You also have the 4.7. Your Chevy likely had a 350 in it. And my friend has a 1 ton truck and can still burnout with the 350.

These transmissions also aren't the best, but they do their job. Compared to the Chevy tranny, 700r? It's not as strong, and doesn't deliver as much whp as you'd like.

If you want to you can do a gear swap, but that'll be costly because you have a 4x4 and will need to swap front and rear.

OP
OP
J

jhale18383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Yea, Would a bully dog 40415 do the trick or help? i put an exhaust on it last night. What about adding an cold air intake?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Trying to do a burnout with the tow package is not easy. I had that same problem with my 07 when it had the 4.7 in it. But what solved my problem was when my 4.7 took a massive internal dump on the highway not 7500 miles into it. One viper motor, and regeared viper tranny later and now I can roast them with the rest easily. The dealership had 3 choices for me when they swapped the motor: new 4.7l but none were available at the time, Hemi but I did not want to get rid of my stick shift, and the remanufacturered viper V10. 2 weeks later I had the motor in and my truck back. Haven't looked back since.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You have a 4X4 with a tow package. It's suppose to put the power to the ground not spin on top of it. What good would a tow package be if you put weight on the truck and the tires spin?

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
put it in drive, push the brake just enough until it stops moving(not brake to the floor) ease into the gas until you feel it start giving out and mash the gas.

4.7Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ya man i have a 07 4.7 quad cab and even with the CAI, exhaust, and Diablo sport predator it wont burn out, and i have 20's and 3.92 gears. there just to heavy of a truck but that still doesnt make me regret purchasing me Ram. when its wet out side tho it is a different story.