Won't start again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an '07 5.7Hemi. Once again it is stuck in front of my house. When I try to start it sputters and almost starts for about 10 seconds and goes to 1300 RPMs then stalls and if I give it has it immediately stalls. I put a new fuel pump in 6 months ago when it acted similarly. Help! Any ideas?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You might have a bad oil pressure sensor

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tomslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I already replaced oil sensor about 6 months ago. Then the dealer replaced it again too

Mcooper09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine did this once, turned out to be the key. Luckily I had a spare and haven't had a problem since. I ran mine through the washer on accident which corroded the insides and killed the battery in the key.

OP
OP
T

Tomslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tried that

I tried my spare key. Unless they are both bad it is not that.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Do you know what it has for fuel pressure? Any codes? Maybe it's the pump again.

There was a member here a while back whose truck was doing the same thing, turned out someone dumped a bunch of water in his fuel tank.

OP
OP
T

Tomslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tried that

Did not test fuel pressure but I took the line off at fuel rail and tied a plastic bag around it. I turned key for two seconds and filled a sandwich baggy with fuel. So I know I have gas but not sure of pressure. Pump is 5 months old. I also replaced oil pressure sensor 5 months ago along with EGR valve. Today I replaced both cam and crankshaft sensors. Still the same... Are rams really this bad or am I just having bad luck? I had a Nissan for 15 years and did less to it then my dodge in 7 months!