[HOW TO] Update Uconnect RA3/RA4 Software

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craa349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How do you know you need an update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

craa349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sweet thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I get an "invalid VIN" message. I got my truck about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if it just takes time to get into the system?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get an "invalid VIN" message. I got my truck about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know if it just takes time to get into the system?

It might take some time but just make sure there's no spaces before or after the 8 digits of the Vin. It doesn't like spaces...

13igtymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I updated my last night. Downloading was pita. Only issue I have is that Pandora skips randomly or would lose connection.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

That's because you are probably trying to put your whole VIN in. It's just the last 8 digits.

bigbrownoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to update my Uconnect yesterday, with the help of the Uconnect people, but it kept coming up "ISO Authentication Failed. Pull USB from system to reset". It then stops and I cannot update. Uconnect is going to contact my dealer to let them know how to get around this so I don't have this problem. Has anybody else had this "ISO" problem?

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, the only issue I ever had was determining how the thumb drive needed to be formatted. I use a Mac and not windows, so I found out through this thread that it needed to be formatted in FAT32. After that everything worked great. I don't know why the instructions on the uconnect website make no mention of USB format.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, the only issue I ever had was determining how the thumb drive needed to be formatted. I use a Mac and not windows, so I found out through this thread that it needed to be formatted in FAT32. After that everything worked great. I don't know why the instructions on the uconnect website make no mention of USB format.

I use a mac also and used FAT32. Could not do an update for the life of me. Used a PC and worked with no problems..

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a mac also and used FAT32. Could not do an update for the life of me. Used a PC and worked with no problems..

Interesting. After I formatted to FAT32 and downloaded the Mac .iso, I had no problems. It did take my radio a little while to recognize it.

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
I use my MAC all the time my biggest oh duh moment is I typically forget to allow popups face palm almost everytime

TC_on_IAH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I followed the procedure in the first post and everything seems to be fixed. Well, not everything. My XM presets and all navigation favorites are gone but I can take care of that.

My issue was that XM radio was dead, the 'vehicle phone' message was popping up and I couldn't save any radio presets or nav addresses. Seat memory and garage door codes were fine.

The download of the update ( UCONNECT® 8.4AN_RA4 (14.05.03)) was a challenge due to the install of the Akamai installer. I had to install and run this installer software and then start again at the point where you enter the last 8 VIN characters.

When you do the update in the car/truck be patient. There are times when it looks like nothing is happening.

Thanks to BigHorn453 for the initial post!

Cheers

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The first time I updated mine, I thought I lost all my Sirus presets as well. What I did was follow the rest of the instructions after the update (shut vehicle off, open and shut door, wait one minute, start vehicle, shut off, open and shut door, wait 1 minute, and start truck again). Once I started the truck for the last time my presets reappeared after a few minutes. I asked the uconnect folks about it and they told me that this is normal, and it is due to the radio resetting itself after the update.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So did any of you that did the update notice any differences/improvements?

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess that would depend how old your firmware is right now. I did not notice any difference between the last two updates.

BigAlH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So did any of you that did the update notice any differences/improvements?

I did the 14.05.03 update today and so far the only thing I noticed are additional apps: Aha, iHeart Radio, Pandora, and Slacker Radio are there now.

Update went very smooth.

NOTE - you do NOT need a 4gb thumb drive for this. The update was just over 500mb. I used a 1gb one I had laying around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel