[HOW TO] Update Uconnect RA3/RA4 Software

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey can you guys post the latest update on here? I'm not having any luck on the uconnect website as usual.

OP
OP
B

BigHorn453

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Original post has been edited with the updated install information and changelog.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone that's downloaded post it here? The link only takes you to the Uconnect site which isn't working right now.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
Wow - this update has completely fixed my Longhorn. Feels like I hit the lottery which is kinda sad because all of this stuff should've worked in the first place. Anyhow, all the VR works, the voice texting works, the rear view camera has a better picture, the radio doesn't switch to FM or AM when it's set on satellite, the phone display now shows how many bars I have too. So aside from everything actually working as it's supposed to, here are a few random things I noticed:

- larger font on screen for things like "Playing Song Born To Run"
- it speaks all VR commands back to me like "Playing artist Warren Zevon"
- larger phone buttons and a large redial button
- a blue glow around the 3G symbol next to the icon
- a menu of acceptable commands displays on the screen when pressing the VR button. This is very helpful.
- "Sent From My RAM" now appears at the end of every voice text
- FM and AM presets had to be restored after the update but not the XM presets
- Most of the Options had to be reset as well
- I saw a poster earlier in this thread say that the speed limit no longer appeared on his NAV screen. Mine was still displaying the speed when I had a destination programmed in. I'm not sure if it's on there when there's no destination.

I keep expecting something to not work because that's been my experience with UConnect, but I have to say that I think the developers got it right this time. Nice job UConnect!

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are you guys downloading this. I haven't had any luck on the website and been trying for two days. Can someone please upload the file for the rest of us, thanks.

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your using Chrome and you notice that the header and footer of the web page don't load, there's a little shield icon at the right of the address bar that you might have to disable. It blocks malicious script, I had to disable mine.

If you still can't get through. Reply here and I'll try and post it to my Dropbox.

Keep in mind I'm in Canada so my radio doesn't have wifi so it's just an 8.4n NOT 8.4an.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I've tried chrome and internet explorer and no luck with either one. I would love to get mine to stop freezing up all the time.

jsequino

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
5.7 liter V8
I was able to download it without any issue yesterday around 11am eastern time using Safari on my MAC at work. I could not get it to work using Firefox on my MAC - but Safari worked without any issues.

If I knew how to post the file somewhere for people to download, I would do that. If anyone can give me specific instructions how and where to do that (for free) and I'll be glad to do it.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I've been trying all of them with no success. Their website really sucks.

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
There is a loading bar on the site itself, it uses some wierd way to download it, you wont get the normal "Save File" dialog box.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't even get that far. I put my vin in and it gives me the latest update. when I click on the "begin update process" it doesn't do anything no matter haw many time I click on it. I tried backing out then back in but this is how far I get every time.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done the same thing with the last few updates but getting nowhere this time.

NavyGuy2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Thats strange...Thats exactly what it was doing to me on Firefox, when i switched to IE it worked perfectly.

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Navy could you post the update on this site?

UPNO4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
If your using Chrome and you notice that the header and footer of the web page don't load, there's a little shield icon at the right of the address bar that you might have to disable. It blocks malicious script, I had to disable mine.

If you still can't get through. Reply here and I'll try and post it to my Dropbox.

Keep in mind I'm in Canada so my radio doesn't have wifi so it's just an 8.4n NOT 8.4an.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

This worked perfectly for me. Tried it on 3 different computers one being a MAC
Update went without any problems at all. Now we shall see how good it is. So far so good.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4