12 V plug in 2016 are all switched no unswitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
As I mentioned some other post i bought a new truck without driving it or seeing it in person because i am out of the country.

It's sitting in my driveway and I was thinking should I run it there for 10 or 15 minutes every couple weeks or maybe just hook up a trickle battery charger.

I ordered one of those solar panel trickle chargers that you plug into the cigarette lighter.

My daughter tried to plug it in today but it doesn't do anything becauseapparently all the cigarette lighter plugs are switced.

Bummer.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
As I mentioned some other post i bought a new truck without driving it or seeing it in person because i am out of the country.

It's sitting in my driveway and I was thinking should I run it there for 10 or 15 minutes every couple weeks or maybe just hook up a trickle battery charger.

I ordered one of those solar panel trickle chargers that you plug into the cigarette lighter.

My daughter tried to plug it in today but it doesn't do anything becauseapparently all the cigarette lighter plugs are switced.

Bummer.

On my 2014 I changed one fuse under the hood and made one of my 12v outlets hot all the time. Check you owners manual.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"On our 2014 Ram 1500, I made the one in back always powered by moving the fuse from space 90 to 91. The fuse compartment is located just forward of the battery. Pull the fuse and move it to the right one notch. That fuse holder has 3 slots, a hot slot on either side of the middle one. You'll use the middle slot for either position so I'm presuming that one is the common ground. One side is switched (default) and the other side is always battery powered.

This is explained on page 124 of your User Guide Book."

This might help you!!!!

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sweet. Now i have to have one ofthe ladies in my house move the fuse. Hmmm.
Thanks.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had one of those solar powered battery tenders and I have to say it didnt work very well at all on my deep cell battery. Never tried it on a normal battery but based on my experience, I would not expect any better. Best bet if you can is to run a normal one.