15 Crew ...advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamaguy727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the 8 inch Nav radio NON alpine....I want to get a better sound , Im not into loud thumping bass ....I have read several ideas on here from putting in a powered sub to replacing speakers ...Is there anything I could do for around 3-400 to improve the sound better or at that price am I wasting money ?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The JBL GX speakers would probably be your best bet.

Are you in the Tampa bay area?

OP
OP
B

Bamaguy727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Im over in Alabama , so you would suggest replacing all the speakers with JBL ?

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
X2 on the JBLs and you can get all of them for under 300 from crutchfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bamaguy727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have 4 door speakers and one on dash I think ...what size/model speakers of JBL or Kicker should I buy? Also what's a audio shop charge to install?

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its a very easy install to do yourself. i went with all Kicker KS series speakers. if you order through Crutchfield, you can't go wrong. they give you all the installation hardware and instruction sheets for your Ram at no additional cost. You should be able to switch out all of your speakers yourself in less than 2 hours. No cutting or running new wires, very few tools.

OP
OP
B

Bamaguy727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
its a very easy install to do yourself. i went with all Kicker KS series speakers. if you order through Crutchfield, you can't go wrong. they give you all the installation hardware and instruction sheets for your Ram at no additional cost. You should be able to switch out all of your speakers yourself in less than 2 hours. No cutting or running new wires, very few tools.
would you recommend 6x9s , I looked on Crutchfield there are several different models to choose from ?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3-400 is not a huge budget. for that kind of money you are looking at a step just above factory speakers especially if you want to replace the all.

keep in mind that the factory speakers are designed to play with the factory radio nicely. when you change out the speakers only sometimes they sound better and sometimes you may think its actually worse.

IMO even though its good recommendations to ask on here go to stores and listen for yourself. you may find that the recommendations listed above you actually dislike.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spend 100 bucks of that budget to deaden your doors and then change dash speakers, it will sound pretty darn good after that.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The 77 KICK speakers will plug right into the factory harness, nothing needed at all.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
kicker upgrade is well worth the price. highly recommend it.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The JBLs are plug and play as well. They come with an adapter when you order from Crutchfield . I also have the SRAMCQ09 added with mine and it compliments the set up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserthi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Could someone please give a brief explanation of deadening the doors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Could someone please give a brief explanation of deadening the doors.

A deadening material is used to layer on the metal to stop metal resonating. Helps quite the whole interior from road noises, etc.
makes a vehicle with a better system, or not, sound overall better and quieter and more enjoyable inside.

hqdefault.jpg

ehart814

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Here is my advice:

Order the 3" kicker speakers from Crutchfield for you dash. That little upgrade alone makes a big difference. See how you like that, and go from there. I paid about $50 and it makes a very noticeable difference. It's also very easy to do yourself.