17 Cab/Chassis BU CAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longbowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Newbie question I'm sure. However, I have scanned the entire site and can find nothing on cams and cab/chassis trucks. So reaching out to see what you may know. I have a 17 with the 3.0 Uconnect with XM and Bluetooth. I know I need to upgrade to the 5.0, that much I have found out on the forum. When I purchased the truck, I noticed a cable leading to the rear with a tag that read "camera" So I'm assuming my truck is prewired already? So after I purchase the 5.0, what other things are required? Obviously a camera. But what else would I need to complete? Does the existing frame mounted wire go all the way to the rear of the radio area? Do I need an extra harness, etc?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
There is a sticky at the top of this forum section with anything and everything on adding a OEM backup camera.

I would start there.

OP
OP
L

longbowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There is a sticky at the top of this forum section with anything and everything on adding a OEM backup camera.

I would start there.

I have, seems to be alot of talk about splicing, tailgates, etc. I know I have to take the radio to get programmed for the camera, but not much in regards to plug and play systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk