'17 Crew sub install procedures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am going to attempt to create a custom subbox for my '17 crew. To those that are installing pre-made boxes as well as custom,

1) Are you cutting the carpet to get a more space?
2) Are you deading the floor area where the carpet has been removed?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I built a box for me my reg cab and thought about cutting the back wall cover. It would only gain an inch or two. Then I thought about having to replace that when I sold the truck and decided against it. So my advice would be not to cut the carpet anywhere.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I had to cut the carpet out of my '16 in the wells under the seat to make the box fit correctly. After I did it, I thought about using a spacer and raising the box a little. Oh well. Too late now

OP
OP
I

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to dig into mine today. I know you can add the spacers and raise the rear seat. If I do this I just a soon do the rear seat mod so that the rear seat will can fold down instead of just up. I am also wondering how much space is behind the crew seats.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to dig into mine today. I know you can add the spacers and raise the rear seat. If I do this I just a soon do the rear seat mod so that the rear seat will can fold down instead of just up. I am also wondering how much space is behind the crew seats.

Enough for amps and crossovers