2010 crew cab w/ alpine, new head unit options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok so I recently acquired a 2010 slt crew cab with the 5.7 and the alpine system. It currently has a RES radio in it (with uconnect and sat) and I am looking into an upgrade in the coming months. I am not against aftermarket but I have some things I’m trying to achieve. I would like to keep all of the current functionality of the unit meaning hands free phone steering wheel controls and the like but I want some more features also. I want to install a back up camera and to be able to Bluetooth stream music from my phone to the truck, these are the main gains I would like to make, nav would be nice but not a necessity. Cost is a factor so the cheaper the better. I do all my own work so ease of install is a plus but I am no stranger to a garage.
My main issue is that I’m a little confused because I have found some aftermarket exact fit systems that say they won’t work with the alpine.

P.s. I’ve also seen some rather cheap systems that say they are exact fit and do what I’m looking for that may suffice i.e. eBay hizpo units or joying and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is your budget? I highly recommend a Kenwood unit that is Maestro compatible.

OP
OP
rammoth

rammoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would like to keep it 600 or below but if need be I can wait and save up for the right thing. Forgive my ignorance but what is maestro?