2010 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab Audio upgrade help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBertha508

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Whats happening?

I need some help with my 2010 ram quad cab and upgrade the Stereo.

I am looking to upgrade the receiver - speakers - and add an amp and sub.

Currently I have the stock step-up ( non touch screen) that has the aux, bluetooth and XM radio.

I want to keep all the feature listed about, my wheel control and hopefully add backup cam.

Looking online I see that most receivers do not fit easy into the dash - any suggestions or experience?

Also how many speakers are in the truck?

Any help would be great.

Thank yuo!

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Search this forum, there are alot of people using a bunch of different head units, speakers, subs and amps. You have a lot of options

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Head to Crutchfield and put in your vehicle info and narrow the radio search to the features you want. Once you add something to the cart, they will suggest wiring harnesses and dash kits to help. You will likely lose some function like aux or USB or something like that. You will likely have to buy an XM adapter for any XM capable receiver. Back up cam should plug right in with the wiring harness. You may have to change the camera settings in the new receiver.

Whatever your budget is, add at least $200 to it for wires, fuse holders, harnesses, sound damping. I am a new fan of Sundown audio subs.

You probably have 6x9s in all doors and 3.5s in the dash. I would worry about the dash speakers last if at all. I couldn't get aftermarket ones to sound right with the rest of my build. Honestly, I don't miss them at all.