2010 Power Window Moves In Stages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

I have a 2010 Ram, 2500 SLT Big Horn, Crew Cab, Long Bed that I just purchased.

The drivers side window would only move a few inches at a time both up and down. I replaced the Motor (because it went into thermo-nuclear meltdown) and the problem still existed. Eventually I have tracked down a broken pin in the module that sits in the door next to the motor. I think this is most likely my problem.

Is this a dealer only part or can it be found somewhere else? Also, does anyone know exactly what this module is called? Worst case I will extract the pin from the plug and see if i can work my soldering magic.

Thanks all, appreciate any help that can be provided.

Module:
0401171017_zpskn2pfwjn.jpg

Broken Pin:
0401171021_zpsbsgfisoo.jpg

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
If you haven't considered it yet, your local salvage yard may have a similar vehicle to pilfer.

You could search the part number online to see which other vehicles share the same piece. I know the caravan and fiat cars share the same steering wheel buttons on the back.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It is called a door module, not sure if is dealer only part, probably. Mopar part RL055299AK $107 list

OP
OP
S

SWChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies.
I have considered salvage.
Knowing what its exactly called helps a lot.

:happy107: