2010 Radio Upgrade-help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
Sorry to do this, I don't normally hang out in this area. Really hoping you guys can point me in the right direction?

I've search around and can't seem to find info in up grading my oem stereo.
Truck is a 2010 1500 Sport. No nav. Only CD player, satilite radio and uconnect.
I think I have the RES radio.

My goal is to upgrade to a touch screen or nav option for my year. I'm open to an aftermarket unit but really don't want the fit and finish to be low end.
Clean instal is big for me.
I am also looking to instal the oem tailgate handle camera. So the deck needs to work with it. The steering wheel controls and Bluetooth still has to work. I know aftermarket decks need modules to get them to work. The cost of this is why I thought an oem upgrade would be better.

Anyway, curious if anyone has done this or can point me to a few threads I may have missed?

I'll post a pick from my computer later.

Thanks

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys,
Sorry to do this, I don't normally hang out in this area. Really hoping you guys can point me in the right direction?

I've search around and can't seem to find info in up grading my oem stereo.
Truck is a 2010 1500 Sport. No nav. Only CD player, satilite radio and uconnect.
I think I have the RES radio.

My goal is to upgrade to a touch screen or nav option for my year. I'm open to an aftermarket unit but really don't want the fit and finish to be low end.
Clean instal is big for me.
I am also looking to instal the oem tailgate handle camera. So the deck needs to work with it. The steering wheel controls and Bluetooth still has to work. I know aftermarket decks need modules to get them to work. The cost of this is why I thought an oem upgrade would be better.

Anyway, curious if anyone has done this or can point me to a few threads I may have missed?

I'll post a pick from my computer later.

Thanks
There are a couple touch screen oem Chrysler radios that would be plug-n-play for your truck. They are as follows:

130/RES+RSC
Base Model, No Touch Screen, Has Sirius

430/RBZ
6.5" Touch Screen, Rear Cam, Uconnect, 20gb HDD (some have Sirius/some do not)

430N/RHB
6.5" Touch Screen, Sirius, Rear Cam, MyGig, Uconnect, 40gb HDD, Navigation

730N/RHR
6.5" Touch Screen, Sirius, Rear Cam, MyGig, Uconnect, 40gb HDD, Navigation, Voice Command

Of course the RHR is the top of the line OEM unit that came in 09-12 Rams and other Chryslers but its usually over $1k. The RBZ is nice because its touch screen and has Sirius and can be bought on eBay used for around $200-$250. Some of the RBZ versions have Sirius and others do not. So make sure you double check the one your buying has Sirius. The 430N/RHB is probably the best choice. Its right in the "middle" with features and cost. You can usually land an RHB radio on eBay for around $500, $350-$400 if your lucky and come across the right auction at the right time.

Whichever you chose, make sure to check what GB the Hard Drive is as these radios came in a bunch of different Chrysler branded vehicles and some of the older units have 20gb HDD's and some of the newer units have 30gb & 40gb HDD's. Also, some of them are for low-speed can-bus vehicles and others are for high-speed can-bus vehicles. Make sure you order the correct one.

Good luck! Hope this helped you out!

OP
OP
BrBlack

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey, thanks for replying.
That clears up which model of head unit to go with.

I'm taking a guess and thinking each of these units will be plug and play? i would obviously need an EVIC scan at the dealer to get it all working.

Curious if installing the 730N would require me to by an extra cables or modules to make everything work?
*also assuming the OEM rear camera would be plug and play?

OP
OP
BrBlack

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So thought I would bring this thread back to life as I still have a few questions. Really appreciate any help you guys can provide. I’m a bit confused with all this radio stuff…

I’m currently looking at purchasing a used 730N RER head unit out of a 2010 Jeep. Knowing that it is not the top of the line unit like the 730N RHR can anyone help me understand the differences?

All I really want to do is upgrade the head unit to handle an oem back up camera and retain my uconnect and steering wheel functions. If I am able to get the NAV to work that would just be a bonus.

Appreciate any help,

Thanks,

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So thought I would bring this thread back to life as I still have a few questions. Really appreciate any help you guys can provide. I’m a bit confused with all this radio stuff…

I’m currently looking at purchasing a used 730N RER head unit out of a 2010 Jeep. Knowing that it is not the top of the line unit like the 730N RHR can anyone help me understand the differences?

All I really want to do is upgrade the head unit to handle an oem back up camera and retain my uconnect and steering wheel functions. If I am able to get the NAV to work that would just be a bonus.

Appreciate any help,

Thanks,

730N RER is basically the same as the RHR, sometime in 2011 I think they renamed a few of the radios. You just need to make sure the radio you get has the same BUS SPEED (which should be HIGH SPEED for a Ram truck) cuz if you don't the radio will not work.

Also, in the list of radios above only the 730N I believe has the Uconnect built in, so for anyone that doesn't have Uconnect already and wants it you need the 730N. All the others if I remember right you will need the external Uconnect add on to get it to work.

OP
OP
BrBlack

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just need to make sure the radio you get has the same BUS SPEED (which should be HIGH SPEED for a Ram truck) cuz if you don't the radio will not work.

Thanks for the response. :happy107:
how do i tell if the unit is a high speed one? is there something in the part number that would show this? I dont have th eradio in front of me and would need the seller to confirm this. Would like to explain it clearly to him.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the response. :happy107:
how do i tell if the unit is a high speed one? is there something in the part number that would show this? I dont have th eradio in front of me and would need the seller to confirm this. Would like to explain it clearly to him.

Get the part number off it as well as the make and model it came out of.... then check this link:
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System radios

You can as just GOOGLE the part number and it should tell you if it's high/low speed.

OP
OP
BrBlack

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fantastic, thanks for the help.
I confirmed with the seller that its out of a 2010 Jeep SRT8.

The link you sent me shows the Jeep Grand Cherokee's as being a low speed unit. Not sure if that's the same for the SRT models?
wont be able to get the part number until tonight.

Here is a picture of the unit in his jeep.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-04-05-17-10-01.jpg
    FullSizeRender-04-05-17-10-01.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 28