2010 UConnect Addition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mack1207

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want to add UConnect to my 2010 ST... (1) Is this possible? (2) How would I go about doing this?

I tried searching for this... and either my search-foo is off today or I skipped right past what I am trying to find...

Thank you all!

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My ST came with it, so I bet it's possible. Which radio do you currently have? Do you have the uConnect button your steering wheel? Your radio having the uConnect button on it would be the most important thing, I think. I just did a search for this "2010 ram add uconnect" on google and came up with some potential links, but I can't open them here at work. I took my factory radio out. I could also take the uConnect module out if you find out they'll work and are interested.

OP
OP
M

Mack1207

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't have any buttons on my steering wheel unfortunately (someday down the line hopefully)
I do have the button for UConnect buttons, I do not have any clue which model radio I have... it has a cd player, and regular screen (i.e. just words, no pictures is the only way I would know how to describe it?) I can't open them here at work either. Hmmm. I am interested though. Especially if others think that this is a "easy" switch.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm thinking if your radio already has the phone button on it, you could just add the uConnect module. If it doesn't, swap in a radio that does have it. The only thing that concerns me is the microphone. I believe the factory location is in the rearview mirror.

Dodge Ram 1500/ 09-12 Hands Free Uconnect Kit OEM : Amazon.com : Automotive

Not the most credible source, but that says 09-12 Ram 1500. But it appears to be missing the radio.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have the phone and uconnect buttons on your head unit then you have to add the uconnect module like was posted above. It gets mounted under the dash on the passenger side above the kick panel. It comes with a cable that goes to the head unit. It should also come with a microphone that gets mounted on the drivers A-pillar.

Then once it's installed, you have to take it to the dealer and have them add the feature sales code to the computer.

The CDROM that comes with it has a diagram instruction on how to install it. It isn't difficult and there isn't any splicing. It all just plugs together. It just won't work until the dealer programs the truck. Some charge more than others, but it should be $50-$120 for the program.

bigjohn231

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I also bought a 2010 Ram 1500 SLT with a UConnect ready radio unit (RES). I found a used system out of a 2009 Ram with a RES radio. I got it and installed it with no problems. Worked great after that trip to the dealer.