2013-17 Apple Carplay & Android Auto UAQ Factory Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I had the DNX891 installed in a 2013 VW CC. The phone had trouble staying connected. Actually, interface between the phone and the radio was pretty bad. And since I rely completely on my phone for everything there was no way it would work out if the integration wasn't perfect. I think if I were to do something different in my Ram, it would be Alpine Ram radio the X009. To me that would be the most seemless way to go i think.

What phone do you have? I have installed probably 20+ of the Maestro Kenwoods and have never had an issue. IIRC the Alpine processor is about 2-3 years behind and is extremely slow. Not to mention they don't even do CarPlay or AndroidAuto. I will give the Alpine credit for how they look, but their units are way behind Kenwood and Pioneer right now IMO.

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What phone do you have? I have installed probably 20+ of the Maestro Kenwoods and have never had an issue. IIRC the Alpine processor is about 2-3 years behind and is extremely slow. Not to mention they don't even do CarPlay or AndroidAuto. I will give the Alpine credit for how they look, but their units are way behind Kenwood and Pioneer right now IMO.
I have a iPhone. The other thing that really never worked correctly was the OBD interface. I would get some gauges but not others despite seeing them on the setup screen. Back to the phone issue. I did notice that if it were plugged in via USB I had fewer issues opposed to Bluetooth. And this has been four or five years ago also. I'm sure some progressions have been made. That's some of the reason I am here. I think the worst part of the entire truck is the electronics. I will be reading more about peoples experience with integrating an aftermarket radio.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a iPhone. The other thing that really never worked correctly was the OBD interface. I would get some gauges but not others despite seeing them on the setup screen. Back to the phone issue. I did notice that if it were plugged in via USB I had fewer issues opposed to Bluetooth. And this has been four or five years ago also. I'm sure some progressions have been made. That's some of the reason I am here. I think the worst part of the entire truck is the electronics. I will be reading more about peoples experience with integrating an aftermarket radio.

I wasn't even aware Maestro was on the market four years ago. I think it's safe to say a lot things are a lot smoother now. A lot of guys are running the 9703 and are happy with it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
why would one save allot of money and just use a device that can mirror for much cheaper like the https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

I am thinking of adding this to my 2017 Laramie to allow us to have the best of "all" worlds.
Because that’s all it will do, is just “mirror” the phone screen. You wouldn’t be able to control the phone from the touchscreen, but rather through a remote control or the phone itself.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
why would one save allot of money and just use a device that can mirror for much cheaper like the https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

I am thinking of adding this to my 2017 Laramie to allow us to have the best of "all" worlds.
I thought the same, but in my opinion it's not a quality product. I had two fail in 3 years and the company only supports it for one year. When calling for support they offer a discount to buy a new one...ain't happening. The first time it failed I was charged $50 to have it replaced after only having it for 6 months.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, the lock pick is a subpar product, and does nothing in regards to iPhones.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963