2013 ram quad cab audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi pretty new here and looking to upgrade audio. I have the base uconnect 3.0 and stock 6x9s in the door and stock 3.5 dash speakers. I'm looking at either upgrading the stock speakers or head unit. Which would be the best option? I'm looking to spend about 300 400 on a head unit or speakers. I was looking at the mopar kicker speaker upgrades, seem like good bang for the buck. Then I also read that with a decent head unit the stock speakers perform pretty well. I'm not looking to add an amp or sub, at least not right now. Also if I bought a set of components for the front doors and put the tweeter in the dash in place of the stock 3.5 would that be a good idea? Would 6x9s give some decent bass in the rear doors, then run mid and highs up front? It would be running off the stock head unit for now if I spend the money on speakers. Any ideas and opinions are appreciated thanks.

OP
OP
C

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone? Or has this question been beat to death already

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
i did the kicker upgrade on my 5.0 and its a huge step up over stock. highly recommend.

OP
OP
C

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok well I think I'm gonna start with a head unit first, looking at the pioneer x2800bs.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
A head unit would be a noticeable upgrade...as would speakers. If you do not want to add a sub, I would urge you to stick with 6x9's in front and back doors. Adding components without an amp and/or subwoofers will thin the sound out in my opnion. The 6x9's add some girth/midbass to the factory system which you will want. Now if you decide to add subwoofer(s)..then components up front (6.5's in front doors, tweeters in dash/or sail panels) would sound very nice, but I would amp them without a doubt.

OP
OP
C

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A head unit would be a noticeable upgrade...as would speakers. If you do not want to add a sub, I would urge you to stick with 6x9's in front and back doors. Adding components without an amp and/or subwoofers will thin the sound out in my opnion. The 6x9's add some girth/midbass to the factory system which you will want. Now if you decide to add subwoofer(s)..then components up front (6.5's in front doors, tweeters in dash/or sail panels) would sound very nice, but I would amp them without a doubt.
I would really like components up front then 6x9 in rear but if it's not gonna be beefy enough maybe I'll stick with 6x9s. May go with the molar kicker upgrade speakers, thanks for the advice

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the dash and rear door speakers in my rebel with Kicker 2-way's and the stereo system sounds great now.

OP
OP
C

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well looks like once I get the stereo in today hopefully, those mopar kicker speakers are gonna be my next purchase. Thanks for the advice

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok well I think I'm gonna start with a head unit first, looking at the pioneer x2800bs.

If you're looking at the 2800 take a look at the avh-3800bhs that's what I'm running in my 2010 and it's a night and day difference. Will mirror some apps from what ever phone is connected. I used it for Waze and it's absolutely amazing. I love it xm ready gps ready. Hd radio pandora and Spotify compatible. Bt audio comes with the mic. Woke up my two type rs from upgrading from a cheap o jvc. Sound quality is 100% better more settings. Just my opinion and two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2800 is pretty much same except it doesn't have HD radio, and I think something else. Has Bluetooth, it does the mirror app for a select few apps like Waze etc. Crossovers, 13 band EQ, video, Pandora Spotify, sirius XM ready. Sounds good now I just need to get better speakers. Paying for a wedding right now so that might be on hold for a little

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye