2014 Fog Lights harness Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwp5073

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I Have a 2014 Ram 1500 SLT it came with no fog lights on it . So i will be installing fog lights where there are two black covers are for the tow hooks go. My question did all 2014 1500 come already equipped from factory pre wired for this. If so can i mount the lifgts but the oem fog light harness kit on and change out my dashboard light swicth for one that has the fog button on it. Thanks for your help

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm not sure if they all came wired. my express did but when I put a aftermarcket bumper and fog lights on I used the wire harness that came with the new fog lights. It came with a relay and used the marker lights as a trigger. This allowed the fogs to be on while my brights are on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The trucks don't come pre-wired for fogs. At this point there is no kit available for the 13+ trucks like the 09-12 truck's. So your options are buy the complete headlight wiring harness that contains the foglight wiring ($150) not sure how hard it would be to swap the complete harness plus the fog light jumper harness ($40). Or, buy the same harness, remove the foglight wiring and add it to your current harness with the jumper. Or what I did, buy the jumper, cut the end off add some extra wire and tap into the main harness side foglight feed, add the new headlight switch with fogs and the sales code to activate the fogs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk