2014 Keyless Entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
35000?! Are you from canada or something?

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
I don't get it.

My apologies. I thought you had a RCSB. I read the build sheet again and realized it was a Quad cab 4x4. I had yet to see one without keyless entry at most dodge dealers I've been to. They all had the power door lock option I mentioned earlier.

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think I even want to tempt that. From reading his description, it looks WAYYYY too complicated. Have you done this install yourself?

red72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My truck is the same as yours, I just have a key too. Have to manually unlock my doors. I called the dealer about this to and they told me that I would have to buy the remote start package to get key-less entry. I'm in the same boat as you. I thinking of ordering one from ebay they cost like $200 for it.

remote start for 2011 1500 ram | eBay

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I'm reading and have been told, it's not as easy as that or nearly as cheap. I'm going aftermarket. Keyless and remote start installed for $300.

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My '13 came with keyless entry. It's got the touch thing with a fob...I don't understand why it wouldn't be available for the '14...

dwfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2009 ST had power locks, but no keyless entry. I ordered the FOB off ebay for $32 and took my dodge dealer and had them program following these instructions, works like a champ. Not sure if the 2014 is the same.

As far as the truck is concerned you will need to take it to the dealer and have it programmed EXACTLY like this, in this order, if you don't, it won't work.

-add sales code GXM to vehicle options
-under diagnostic procedures with Wi-tech do a restore vehicle configuration
-the Wi-tech will then reset
-go into the WCM under misc. functions hit the reset WIN configuration
-clear all codes then program the new keys

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It won't work. The express is missing key components for the keyless entry system from the factory.

dwfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It won't work. The express is missing key components for the keyless entry system from the factory.

Are you positive, the guy that did this had a 2012 Express. I don't wanna link to other forums, but if you google:

add keyless entry to express ram 1500

It should be the first hit.

you can add keyless entry. Your truck has everything needed except the keyfob and programming.

Take it to dodge and have them do this:
1. add sales code GXM to vehicle options
2. under diagnostics procedures with wi-tech do a restore vehicle reconfigurations
3. the wi-tech will then reset
4. go into WCM under misc functions and hit the reset WIN configuration
5. clear all codes then program new keys.

It works, I did it to my 2012 Dodge Ram ST express crew cab.

If you want to save money buy the fobs yourself and bring them in with you otherwise you will pay dealer price for them

OP
OP
vpalace

vpalace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my vin checked through half a dozen dealerships all of them said it's missing components and they would love to sell me something, but it would be impossible without rewiring the truck.