2014 Quad Cab build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElectricEric

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Getting ready to start my first real audio build. I have changed out head units and speakers before but this will my first complete system. That being the case I will have some questions. But first, I will tell you all what I am planning.

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X4700BS
Amp: Kenwood Excelon X 700 -5
Dash/Front doors: Infinity Reference 6030cs
Rear doors: Infinity Reference 6032cf
Subs: Infinity Reference 1060w (1 pair)

I am planning to build sub boxes with an integrated amp rack that will fit under the rear seat. Sort of fox box style.

So here is my first question. To those of you that have done Quad Cab builds - what is the best route to lay the rca cables coming from the head unit going to the amp under the rear seat?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Run the rca's on the passenger side of the truck and power cable on the drivers side. You can pull the door step/seal/whatever its called and just tuck them under and away from any sharp edges.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the center console comes out very easily with 2 10 mm bolts in front and back, 2 screws at the top and she comes right out. You could run everything down the center, with factory wiring or go down the sides of the truck with the factory wiring. Keep the RCA cable away from any high current power sources. I just pulled my seats and carpet out to run everything as they would in the factory, as well as install some dynamat. Goodluck

OP
OP
E

ElectricEric

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
Thanks for the help guys! This is a great forum! Lots of good info & helpful people.
I will try to post pics of my progress once I have all the stuff together.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Forsure.....We all love pics. :favorites13: It's going to make a huge difference with the equipment you chose.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you are going to completely gut the interior, run them along the door sills on the passenger side. Very easy that way. The under seat storage in the rear will be a pain if you go through the center of the truck. Going to be a nice build man, good luck!