2014 RA5 radio compatability with iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anybody else have issues with there 2014 RAM RA5 USB port in the center console recognizing the iPhone 7 to play Pandora/similar?

It's pretty random, sometimes it sync's right up, other times it says the format is unsupported or words to that effect. Can this be fixed with a software update? is one available?

Thanks!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't know which center console you have but my fold down one has (2) usb ports, (1) charge only and the other for media. You will also have problems if you leave the usb cable plugged in all the time, it won't recognize it sometimes when you plug in your phone.

I always use Bluetooth to stream music while having my iPhone plugged in to charge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know which center console you have but my fold down one has (2) usb ports, (1) charge only and the other for media. You will also have problems if you leave the usb cable plugged in all the time, it won't recognize it sometimes when you plug in your phone.

I always use Bluetooth to stream music while having my iPhone plugged in to charge.

Yeah that's exactly what happens, I leave my charge cord plugged in and just connect my phone from there. At the same time I leave my thumb drive in there and all is good.

I would love to use Bluetooth but for some reason in low reception areas I get a lot of system noise, in the city proper BT seems ok.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio