2014 USB port question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that designed for connecting a device such as an ipod via usb cord or can you plug in a USB flash drive with music like in some other vehicles? I tried connecting a USB drive with some music but it did not show it connected. So not sure if that is normal or if something is not making a connection somewhere.

Thanks,
Max

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have my iPod connected to mine, works great. Never tried a thumb drive. I have an SD card with music in the SD port and it works perfectly as well, so it appears the interface software is capable of playing a compilation of mp3 files. I'll see if I can find a flash drive and try it.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my 14 the one in the jumpseat I could use a flash drive or my Ipod and it would work with the radio.
The one on the dash is power only

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah my 16 will be either super slow to find the thumb drive or won't read it I find it needs to be in a certain spot to work but yet my iPhone is right away