2015 rear underseat subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Just bought a factory subwoofer for my dodge ram 2500. Found the wire under the seat plugged it in and it doesnt work. Can anyone tell me if theres a plug behind radio or a fuse that i am suposed to use. I was told plug it in and wah lah but i knew that would never happen. Any info please would help. Thanks

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
I'm guessing its not a Laramie. there is no plug that I know of for a sub. I think its a plug for under seat lighting or possibly a rear defroster. got a pic

OP
OP
jrome

jrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Plug is there and is plugged in. No its not a Laramie but these trucks are all wired the same. Alpine system is available for big horns, outdoorsman, and Laramie mine just didn't have the option. Was told all these trucks have the amp but that I am not sure of. I will look for the amp

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plug is there and is plugged in. No its not a Laramie but these trucks are all wired the same. Alpine system is available for big horns, outdoorsman, and Laramie mine just didn't have the option. Was told all these trucks have the amp but that I am not sure of. I will look for the amp

In fact they are not all wired the same.
And as every manufacturer has to have an eye on costs, why would FCA throw in an amp in a truck w/o the sub option ordered?
They cutting costs even for the under hood lighting. It is an option. lol
At least the wiring for that is definitely there.

OP
OP
jrome

jrome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
There is no amp. So I have options. I love the truck but can't understand why someone would order an outdoorsman and not have all the options like the Alpine upgrade and heated seats and steering wheel. To save costs is all I see but why not just get a lesser big horn or something. I've had new dodge past 3 years in a row but I bought this one used because it fit my budget and had the Cummins. My friend had same truck same year color with alpine and heated seats option. This is why I'm sure most trucks are wired the same as long as they are not a tradesman. I put leather in my last truck and all plug and play with led lights and both seats with power along with rear heated seats. Thanks for feedback guys now I will look into amp and possible speaker upgrades

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is no amp. So I have options. I love the truck but can't understand why someone would order an outdoorsman and not have all the options like the Alpine upgrade and heated seats and steering wheel. To save costs is all I see but why not just get a lesser big horn or something. I've had new dodge past 3 years in a row but I bought this one used because it fit my budget and had the Cummins. My friend had same truck same year color with alpine and heated seats option. This is why I'm sure most trucks are wired the same as long as they are not a tradesman. I put leather in my last truck and all plug and play with led lights and both seats with power along with rear heated seats. Thanks for feedback guys now I will look into amp and possible speaker upgrades

My old '13 was an outdoorsman. from the factory they are basically a bighorn with the added outdoorsman items (suspension, skid plates). Mine had the heated seats/wheel and the 8.4 but no alpine.

the sub plug is in the truck but if its not an alpine radio setup then the wires are "dead".

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Cuz most people think the Alpine upgrade sucks for the money it costs... If you want a sub check into the Kicker Hideaway Sub, that's what a lot of people use on here.