2016 Ram speaker issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dap987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after doing research and discovering that the non Alpine 8.4 system didn't sound great I switched out the dash speakers to Kickers. There was a big improvement. So I then switched out the back doors to Kicker 2 ways and left the front doors alone because I've read the front doors don't do much. Now it sounds like crap and is way too much treble.
Thoughts?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
There are a couple of threads here regarding the Mopar/Kicker speakers. Sound improvement is purely subjective but there's at least a half a chance of decent performance if you get products designed for the system. For instance your application should call for the 77KICK28AB front door speakers and dash speakers. The rear doors are 77KICK41.
Apparently you misunderstood comments regarding the front speakers because they do make a huge difference.
For about $1200 you can get a Kicker amp setup that uses the stock speakers and also has the sub bass for the back. I don't know the PN for that though. It's a little too rich for me.
I have the 77KICK.. setup isn't my 3500 CC and they made a big improvement. I did tweak the equalizer from the stock speaker settings. I have the 5.0 HU.

OP
OP
D

Dap987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a couple of threads here regarding the Mopar/Kicker speakers. Sound improvement is purely subjective but there's at least a half a chance of decent performance if you get products designed for the system. For instance your application should call for the 77KICK28AB front door speakers and dash speakers. The rear doors are 77KICK41.
Apparently you misunderstood comments regarding the front speakers because they do make a huge difference.
For about $1200 you can get a Kicker amp setup that uses the stock speakers and also has the sub bass for the back. I don't know the PN for that though. It's a little too rich for me.
I have the 77KICK.. setup isn't my 3500 CC and they made a big improvement. I did tweak the equalizer from the stock speaker settings. I have the 5.0 HU.
Thank you I will check on models I got to be sure they are right.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
What did you put in the rear doors and dash? Left the front doors stock?

OP
OP
D

Dap987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you put in the rear doors and dash? Left the front doors stock?
I put KSC35s in 2 dash corners and KSC69 2 ways in back doors. Left front doors alone which maybe a mistake but I've read they only handle midrange so not to bother.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put KSC35s in 2 dash corners and KSC69 2 ways in back doors. Left front doors alone which maybe a mistake but I've read they only handle midrange so not to bother.

Midrange is a large part of the audio (both music and talk/podcasts) that you will be listening to. You definitely need to swap those with something better. I would have done all the front speakers before ever considering the rear doors.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yup, add the front doors, you'll get that gap filled.

tripleplay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Leave the front doors alone on the Alpine system - the dash and rear doors are only needed. I went JBL GX963 for rear doors and GX302 in dash and it's night/day over stock. Check your ohm on the kickers, if they aren't 2 ohm then return them.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put the kicker 7728ab in my dash and doors and the kicker 7741 in the rears on my regular cab today and holy hell what a difference!! Could barely here the factory speakers at level 15, it's quite a bit louder and cleaner now, well worth the $250.