2017 Laramie Seat Belt Alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toolip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a 2017 Laramie with a uconnect 8.4 system and push start. Im looking to disable my seatbelt alarm.

I have looked at all the videos and cannot seam to disable it. I looked at the manual and could not find my answer in their either. None are specific to my video though

I did stumble across something that said it was done on the display but I checked the whole settings menu and could not find anything relevant.

Seat Belt Nazis: I do not wear a seat belt on occasions due to a medical condition. When it bothers me I choose to ommit it.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ I am going to assume he didnt.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Press the start button, without stepping on the brake pedal, until the ignition is in the run position (usually two presses). Within 10 seconds, buckle and unbuckle the driver's seat belt 3 times. Still within the 10 seconds press the start button one time to turn the ignition off. This should turn the seat belt chime off. It will not turn the seat belt light off.

deerhunt799

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why don't you just wear it all the time? Many times your insurance won't pay if you aren't wearing it.

Maybe he's driving it on his farm? Maybe he's hooking, moving and unhooking a lot of trailers in the lot of his business and it's a pain when constantly getting in and out of his truck.

Who cares? He's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

I'd like to see one instance where insurance denied a claim due to not wearing a seatbelt.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He stated a medical condition as the reason.

My dad had issues with his heart that affected his circulation. Seat belts could cut off his circulation, so he didn't wear them. He actually had a doctor's note in his wallet stating this if he ever got pulled over.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe he's driving it on his farm? Maybe he's hooking, moving and unhooking a lot of trailers in the lot of his business and it's a pain when constantly getting in and out of his truck.

Who cares? He's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

I'd like to see one instance where insurance denied a claim due to not wearing a seatbelt.

I agree. Mine is disabled.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to get into a ******* match about seat belts, as I do wear mine. But it has been proven seat belts lead to more deaths (indirectly).

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Please show a credible source

Probably he is one of these types. My grandfather was the same way. One day he was inattentive and rear ended some lady in his 2002 Dakota traveling maybe 25mph and was not wearing his seatbelt when he was chest first forced into the airbag and died 3 days later from a heart/chest complication with the accident deemed as the leading cause. Had he worn his seat belt, he would have lived.

seatbelt.jpg

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't have the time (or care) to research all the data again, I wrote a paper about it while doing my undergrad. Essentially it comes down to because seat belts make people feel safer, they drive crazier, and in result more traffic fatalities occur. There is plenty of data out there to reflect this, if you care to divulge into it. Like I said it is a mostly an indirect cause, not a direct cause, like posted above.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just let the OP do what he wants. If you follow the originally posted link it should work.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't have the time (or care) to research all the data again, I wrote a paper about it while doing my undergrad. Essentially it comes down to because seat belts make people feel safer, they drive crazier, and in result more traffic fatalities occur. There is plenty of data out there to reflect this, if you care to divulge into it. Like I said it is a mostly an indirect cause, not a direct cause, like posted above.
Um, no. Traffic fatalities went down drastically due to seatbelt use.

It's plausible that pedestrians fatalities may have increased a little, but the overall deaths of automobile occupants went seriously down.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This seat belt ding is super annoying.... Esp if your just going to a neighbors house. However, I can say from my experience that seat belts save lives. I would have to say out of hundreds of crashes I have seen, only one guy was saved for not wearing his seat belt. The rest not so lucky.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Um, no. Traffic fatalities went down drastically due to seatbelt use.

It's plausible that pedestrians fatalities may have increased a little, but the overall deaths of automobile occupants went seriously down.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
We see how that worked out for the Def Leppard drummer. Just saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956