2017 Ram with UConnect 5.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
adjust your phone with the volume on the side of the phone, i do it all the time on mine instead of using the knob on the trucks radio, i have an i-phone as well

It's always maxed out on the phone and still half the volume of the Radio.

What happens to the satellite stations when the subscription that came with the truck is up? Will it be silent then?

RusslRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Satellite will go to a preview channel

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When the subscription ends, the Satellite radio will default to the Preview channel...... Kind of annoying because if you use the steering wheel mounted controls, you have to cycle through the Satellite to get to the Media Player. Wish there was an option to just disable the satellite radio for those of us too cheap to pay for radio signals.

I listen to music from my Android phone a lot, and one of the best benefits to the Steering wheel control upgrade that I discovered is when I switch to Media, it immediately starts the media from my phone exactly where it left off from the last time played.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
It's always maxed out on the phone and still half the volume of the Radio.

What happens to the satellite stations when the subscription that came with the truck is up? Will it be silent then?

there are adjustments or the aux inputs in the radio, i had to max out my aux adjustment on mine and it leveled it out

OP
OP
O

OkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there are adjustments or the aux inputs in the radio, i had to max out my aux adjustment on mine and it leveled it out

I've looked through all the settings and couldn't find anything. I'm about to take it to the dealer just for this, seems small but it's annoying as hell coming from my last vehicle where I didn't even have to think about it, it just worked.

undertow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if there is a silent sat. radio station? That might be half ass solution.

I know this is an old thread, but I came across it while searching for a solution to this problem, so I thought I'd add this for anybody else who comes along.

I set the first satellite radio preset to channel 0, which just shows your subscription info on the screen and is silent. That way when I start the truck, it defaults to that instead of blasting me with music. Then I wait a few seconds for my phone to pair, and hit the media button to play music off my phone.

As said, kind of a half-ass solution, but better than getting unexpectedly blasted with loud music every time I start the truck. This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a radio design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock