2017 sport stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ginnetheloot403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory sub upgrade

So I just bought 2017 1500 sport. It has the alpine setup and sub. I'm reading that you can do a simple sub upgrade (TS-SW2002D2) with the factory alpine amp? Doesn't sound right.... what am I missing here? I also see that kicker has a 8" or 10" setup? And an option for a amp or without? Any advice or help would great.

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You would need a dual 4 ohm sub to work with the alpine amp. I think the alpine amp is 2 ohms. The pioneer sub you're looking at is dual 2 ohm which can only be run at 1 ohm or 4 ohms depending on how it's wired.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you already have the stock sub in there. they are simply just swapping the subs because that one fits on the stock box.

Play around with the different settings you can get the stock alpine unit to sound really well.

Stock setups are NOT like aftermarket. the factory amp doesnt have settings (gains) to adjust like an aftermarket. Stock setups are designed to work best with the components they are paired with from factory not with other brands.

If you are looking for more bass our best option is to take out the factory sub and add in an aftermarket sub/amp

OP
OP
G

Ginnetheloot403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just wondering as people said it was a simple swap. And it wasn't a huge difference. Just hit a bit cleaner and a bit harder. The factory setup is decent, and I have played with the audio settings to maximize the setup.

I know aftermarket will sound better. I have 2 JL w7's x12" sitting in my basement waiting for a vehicle they can fit in.

Any advice or experience with the kicker stealth setup?