430 touch screen troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys so I just installed my 430 rbz I bought and got the anti theft code for it. The security code screen came up right away after it powered up. The screen first said Dodge uconnect, then it went to ram uconnect after I shut it off and turned it back on. I'm trying to enter the code but the screen won't let me do anything. There's a blinking line where the code enters so it's not like the screen is bad. I tried using a stylus but that didn't work. Anyone know a fix to this situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also the Ram screen doesn't come up anymore just the security code screen and even after I take the keys out the radio stays on for about 30 seconds before shutting off. How does a person tell if the radio is bricked?

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have an idea? I don't really want to take it to my dealership unless I have to but nobody anywhere has helped me out.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Have you tried using any of the physical buttons on the radio for input while on this screen? I know some of these radios are like that. Might be a long shot...

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've tried using the option buttons like audio/ speaker/ etc but nothing changes the screen. I called the dealership and talked with them and they told me you can't switch radios from one vehicle to another which isn't what I've read at all from here. They said maybe they could do a flash or screen calibration but that'll be $112. I'm unsure what I want to do, I barely paid $100 for the 430 but don't want to sink too much more in it if doesn't fix the screen because by then I'll just go and buy a different one at that rate.