5-channel amp on stock radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM LI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Alpine PDX-5 amplifier that I am trying to hook up to my stock radio. It is a five channel amp. The amp has three different inputs. I can't figure out the best way to hook this up to the radio without replacing the HU.I know PAC audio makes a couple different pieces to use but not sure which. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy a Signal processor

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Marc1982443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 big horn cc
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends. The JL amp I have can accept 2 inputs but play all 5 channels. Does the alpine do that also? You just need a line converter really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that amp is a 4 channel (75w x4) with a mono (300wx1) channel. What sub/speakers are you running? Usually on a stock radio you'll need one of those speaker wire to RCA cable converters and maybe some splitters to run 2 sets of RCA cables to the amp to power a sub and the door speakers.

OP
OP
R

RAM LI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Running 4- JLB GTO938 in the doors and a 10" kicker. They are all out of my old truck but I had an aftermarket head unit in that. I was thinking of using one of the line output converters but was not sure if using all those splitters would be a good idea

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The splitters work great. I've used them and there is NO noticeable difference in sound quality.

Last edited:

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It depends on "WHICH" stock radio? If it's an Alpine (OE-amped) system, you'll need an input summing device/or costly processor (LC6I and above). The PAC device will also work, but you lose all control of your sound (no bass/treble, etc.). If you have the base OE radio (w/o amp), you can get buy with a cheap LOC, and use RCA splitters if the amp requires all inputs.