5.0 Radio ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am sure it has been asked but no luck yet with search! 2015 SLT with the 5.0 radio no Nav etc. If I read things right I can upgrade the 5.0 Radio to add a back up camera be to this radio or do I have to upgrade the radio to the 8.0 ?

Thanks

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am sure it has been asked but no luck yet with search! 2015 SLT with the 5.0 radio no Nav etc. If I read things right I can upgrade the 5.0 Radio to add a back up camera be to this radio or do I have to upgrade the radio to the 8.0 ?

Thanks
You can install the Factory oem add on back up camera kit to your truck with the RA2 5.0" RADIO , the kit is approximately $270.00 and a simple install .
Only two wires to solder and the rest is basically plug n play .

It does require the dealer to flash sales code XAC for activation .

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks again everyone for the info and thanks for the link.. I though the radio would be OK but wanted to be sure,, And I found the OEM kit in the 250/275$ range so doable BUT I will check on a install of partial install quote, Maybe I can do the harness run and leave final connect to the installer. I really do not trust myself to do the complete hook as I am Tech Tarded

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks again everyone for the info and thanks for the link.. I though the radio would be OK but wanted to be sure,, And I found the OEM kit in the 250/275$ range so doable BUT I will check on a install of partial install quote, Maybe I can do the harness run and leave final connect to the installer. I really do not trust myself to do the complete hook as I am Tech Tarded
LOL Knowing ones capabilities / limitations sometimes is key

Goodluck on the Back up cam Sir , you will love it , it's a real , real nice upgrade to the RA2 set up !

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
LOL Knowing ones capabilities / limitations sometimes is key

Goodluck on the Back up cam Sir , you will love it , it's a real , real nice upgrade to the RA2 set up !

Thanks,, FYI no need to call me sir I work for a living lol ... I do wire AC systems and boilers but not sure I want to cu wires on my new to me RAM lol Could be cheaper to pay someone the to pay them to fix my screw ups after lol , I am surprised how well I can see backing up w/O the camera, but it will be a great add on :) so will the Nerf bars and ??? :)

dtlasic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back Up Cam

I started my first mod doing just this. I did however, just let the dealer do the install so they could flash the computer at the same time. This is a well spent item.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I started my first mod doing just this. I did however, just let the dealer do the install so they could flash the computer at the same time. This is a well spent item.
Thamks,That was my thinking as well!It has to go to the dealer anyway and may also turn out to be cheaper as well for the flash! Plus cutting into the harness just makes my a tad nervous :O .

dtlasic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thamks,That was my thinking as well!It has to go to the dealer anyway and may also turn out to be cheaper as well for the flash! Plus cutting into the harness just makes my a tad nervous :O .

Yeah, there are a couple connections under the main fuse box (TIPM) that need to be soldered in. Just a note if or when you decide to upgrade to the 8.4 radio it'll be plug and play for the camera. Once the computer is flashed you are set.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yeah, there are a couple connections under the main fuse box (TIPM) that need to be soldered in. Just a note if or when you decide to upgrade to the 8.4 radio it'll be plug and play for the camera. Once the computer is flashed you are set.
GREAT news thanks for the info :) Looks like I will be doing this sooner then later :O , I will definitely have the dealer do it!