6.4 2500 Dual Alternator conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe someone here can help, I'm looking for a list of part numbers to convert a truck with a factory 180A alternator (BAD) to 360A duals (XF5). As far as I can tell I need the accessory 180A alternator, mount, serpentine belt, and wiring harness (plus dealer flashed sales code). For anyone who is good at factory breakdowns, can you help me out?

ETA: Here is a VIN that has the XF5 Dual Alternator option: 3C6UR5DJ9GG111490

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Contact Mike singer or Ohio generators. Good alts Oh and I have a DC alt that works great too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I appreciate the help but I don't think this is as simple as just installing a larger alternator. I have not found anyone who makes a high output alternator for a 15+ 6.4L. From what I can tell the only options are from the factory which are the 220A and 360A dual. The dual setup is probably less expensive than just the 220A which brings me to asking if someone can help with the part numbers necessary to add the dual.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Before you get too wound up on this, go down an verify in person at you servicing dealership that they can flash the sales code to begin with. When I say in person, I mean just that so you do not get some desk jockey saying they can when they may not be able too.

I know not every sales code can be flashed after the fact and some sales codes are reserved for factory installed options only and are blocked by the local service techs from flashing. I hate to see you get money deep in this and not be able to have the sales code flashed.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After checking to see if they can be flashed Id seriously look at one of the above mentioned building you an alt. Most of the stuff in the Chrysler family is made when ordered so it will take contacting companies to build you something not just looking at the websites.
Oh and by the way cheap isn't the way to go if you honestly need that many amps. You will have to pay to play on this one.