77KICK28AB tweeter vs. KSC354

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dteuscher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first speaker upgrade was the KSC354 in the dash and then I put some KSC694s in the rear doors. For the front doors, I ordered the 77KICK28AB kit. That just arrived today. I thought I would experiment with the 1" tweeters vs the KSC354 and see what sounds best. I want to put the front doors in before I start messing with the dash, but it is currently dumping snow! I am going to need to wait for a break in the weather before I pull door panels off. If I drop something, I am screwed.

I am curious to know if anyone has done an A-B comparison with this setup in the dash?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Be interested in hearing your results.

OP
OP
D

dteuscher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It stopped snowing long enough for me to get the front doors done. It sounds much better! There is a lot more bass now. I may wait a few days before trying the tweeters. I will post my impressions once I get them in.

OP
OP
D

dteuscher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It stopped snowing long enough for me to get the front doors done. It sounds much better! There is a lot more bass now. I may wait a few days before trying the tweeters. I will post my impressions once I get them in.

I have switched between the KSC354 and the 1" Kicker tweeter a couple times and I think that I am going to stick with the tweeter. The 354's sort of over-power the dash and drown out the front 6x9s. The tweeter setup is more balanced. Today, I played some old Police and the cymbals sounded really good with the tweeters.

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have switched between the KSC354 and the 1" Kicker tweeter a couple times and I think that I am going to stick with the tweeter. The 354's sort of over-power the dash and drown out the front 6x9s. The tweeter setup is more balanced. Today, I played some old Police and the cymbals sounded really good with the tweeters.

I did the same thing and really prefer the tweets in the dash. I had upgraded all the factory speakers with the CS line and felt the KCS354s were pretty overpowering. Then I picked up the 77KICK28A and think is sounds much better. Also have the Kicker Soundstage SRAMCQ09 under the rear seat and I'm really digging it.

So yes, tweets in the dash over the KCS354s.