8.4 RA4 Radio Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if anyone else has had the issue I'm having. Luckily, mine is covered by the warranty.

So I bought my 2013 1500 R/T a couple weeks ago. The dealer selling the vehicle said there was a radio recall to be performed by Dodge then I could take the vehicle. Radio gets replaced and I buy the truck. the very next morning, the radio throws this USB detection screen up
Ram%20RA4%20radio%20fail%20USB%20prompt%20(1st%20screen)800x600.jpg

After maybe 30 seconds, this second error screen is displayed
Ram%20RA4%20radio%20fail%20error%20(2nd%20screen)800x600.jpg

Then after maybe 15 minutes of drive time the screen simply goes dark. No amount starting stopping the vehicle, putting in acc mode, etc works. The odd thing though is the radio typically runs fine once the truck and radio have warmed up. I drive for about 30 minutes or I go out during the mid-day when its warmer out and the radio will work just fine.

So of course I took it to the local Dodge dealership for warranty work. Thankfully, I still have 10 months remaining on the 3/36 warranty (my mileage is at 32k from previous owner). The tech got the anomaly to present itself so Voila! I get a another new radio in a week once it comes in.

Hoping I get an answer from the dealership as to what went wrong but thinking they don't know and that's why they'll just replace the whole thing.

Last edited: