8.4 radio just installed not working!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Doesn't sound that bad

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Doesn't sound that bad

No it doesn't. Do me a favor and take and post some pictures when you get around to it so that it will help others in the same situation.

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@Cts,
Let me know when you might be installing the mirror and harness. I've been writing an instruction sheet, but need some pictures; especially of where the header harness plugs into the truck harness behind the passenger side air vent. (Got the rest pretty much covered).

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Firebuff66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Here is a little story of an unplanned upgrade.
A friend had a 2013 Ram 1500 after about 2 years the right front speaker stopped working on his 8.4a, he brought it to the dealer and after having for a day they told him they could not look at it because he had a CB radio in the truck and it had to be removed before they could look at the radio.
He spent the 3 minutes it takes to remove the CB and dropped the truck off for another full day.
He picked it up and they said they could not reproduce the issue and upgraded the radio to the newest firmware. He drove off the lot and the right front speaker still didn’t work. He went home and did 10 minutes of trouble shooting and found that the radio had no output on the right front channel.
2 more trips to the dealer and they opened a case with Chrysler, he works 3 jobs so he want able to get it back to the dealer for 4 weeks, Chrysler told him since it had been 4 weeks they would have to start over again and he needed to bring it to the dealer again, the original dealer had no clue so he tried another dealer, he walked in to the other dealer and they basically told him they didn’t work on electronics much and he would have to leave the truck for a few days. He left and never returned.
He searched on the internet and found a on line place selling refurbished 8.4AN radios, He got one for $900 and swapped it out, everything worked fine and he now had-
1- Nav
2- HD radio
3- XM radio for free for life (you can find out how to do this on the web, but it had been done for him)
In the end a great Deal

OP
OP
C

Cts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I want free xm radio lol

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
How do you get free xm for life....Google here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you figured it out

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Only 8 posts on the profile... I hope it's not a scam (but the dealer part is believable).

Up All Night Sleep All Day via my LG G4 on Tapatalk

Reactions: Cts