8.4 (RAX) Jailbreak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just found this. It's a software "lockpick" for the radio. Looks pretty awesome. But their pricing is very high.

Looks like it adds multiple video inputs
Software modifications
Option to access SRT pages on non-SRT vehicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqfnM7btMJ0

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that is pretty sweet but that price tag! Definitely going on my to do list

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I knew it was a matter of time before someone did this. I like that the SRT functions are there waiting to be unlocked. That is sweet stuff right there.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I wound up getting it after my post. Mostly for the triple camera setup. I'll post some details later.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
The downside is the front camera always comes on once it's activated. Drives some people nuts as it comes on at every red light. I was going to get it but I am just going to stick with the factory setup once I but the wire harness from jeepguy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
They have a software only version. But, I don't feel the SRT apps alone justify the cost. But I understand the effort it took.

I have a generic RCA input, which could be used instead of their harness, to save a dollars.

https://ramharness.com/shop/low-cost-rca-input

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are the SRT apps, and are they usable in a RAM?

Also how does using this affect software updates for the factory unit?

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Factory updates would overwrite the jailbreak. But they claim to be on top of all updates. Ultimately, you're at their mercy for updates and have to hope they're still in business. That said, the updates have really slowed, so I wouldn't expect many more to follow.

The SRT apps are usable, they display everything from gauges to g-force. The only bug in the SRT apps is that it shows the unit's as km/h. But the number associated with the speed is actually mph.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's pretty cool. I couldn't read the gauges too well, was that exhaust temp that I saw? I have a diesel and was curious if it showed EGT's.

jc55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Too bad they can't hack it to mimic a dealer NAV activation hash-code. it'd be worth the price of admission right there.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Too bad they can't hack it to mimic a dealer NAV activation hash-code. it'd be worth the price of admission right there.

They might be able to. The problem is that they're from Sweden, so they aren't fully aware of our advertised extras.

jc55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
They might be able to. The problem is that they're from Sweden, so they aren't fully aware of our advertised extras.

ehhh, I have to imagine they know if a NAV is locked or not. One can hope, though.

Dano.61

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.6
I watched all the videos and still can't find a price! Anyone?

badvik

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a Customtronix company from Sweden. A lot of guys in Russia using that stuff in all versions (they have jailbreak only, with cams, some converting mods etc) as it gives additional language package (including Russian) and yes, it is the only and the cheapest solution that is working with frond/side and cargo cameras.

Customtronix

Most of trucks selled in EU/Russia are equipped with RJ3 and having cracked Navi. It gives full a berg of **** while trying to update then the uConnect. That guys can help to solve this problem too.

Last edited:

HAMMER77777

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Thanks for posting. A few questions, my friend. I have a 2014, 2500 Dodge with the 8.4 A(no nav) radio, and she has the backup camera.

I have no interest in nav, so what exactly would this do for me? I am not handy, so I won't be doing any wiring, or anything, but if i can stick a USB into the truck, and all kinds of features, cameras, etc., will magically appear, that would be really cool. Please let me Know what, exactly, this would provide me with if i purchased it. Thanks again for your posting, man!:)