8.4 UConnect Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI R/T 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
1) I have a flash drive with music on it plugged into the USB port in the center console. It's worked just fine up until about a week ago (8,000 miles on the truck now), but now the UConnect is having a hard time recognizing there is a drive plugged in. Even when it does start playing something, the entire system will sometimes flash off and reboot itself while I'm driving down the road. Anyone else have experience this?

2) About the same time the UConnect started having issues with the USB, it stopped recognizing my iPhone 6's Bluetooth for audio. The phone side of things still works through Bluetooth just fine, but not a dang thing for audio. I can plug the phone in with an audio cord, but want to know why the Bluetooth isn't working. Any suggestions?

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't had any USB issues since I upgraded the units software. What s/w version do you have on your radio? It may need its update.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
1) I have a flash drive with music on it plugged into the USB port in the center console. It's worked just fine up until about a week ago (8,000 miles on the truck now), but now the UConnect is having a hard time recognizing there is a drive plugged in. Even when it does start playing something, the entire system will sometimes flash off and reboot itself while I'm driving down the road. Anyone else have experience this?

2) About the same time the UConnect started having issues with the USB, it stopped recognizing my iPhone 6's Bluetooth for audio. The phone side of things still works through Bluetooth just fine, but not a dang thing for audio. I can plug the phone in with an audio cord, but want to know why the Bluetooth isn't working. Any suggestions?

I would guess the radio is failing particularly since you are having issues with more than one system controlled by the unit... Looks like it might be time for a trip to the dealer.

OP
OP
HEMI R/T 14

HEMI R/T 14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I updated the system to the most recent version today (not sure what version, but it was dated 7/22/14). Everything seems to work fine at the moment... maybe that was it!